Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use the same Yakima round crossbars that I had on my 2011 Forester. They are 72" and will hold two canoes side by side. The Railgrabbers work with the Ascent because the rail shapes are the same as on the Forester. They are not quiet with no load, so I take them off when not transporting boats.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It depends on what you plan to put on them. I bought 70" Yakama Core bars and cut them down(I think 66") to the size required for two Thule Hullavators as the Hullavators need to be a specific distance from the sides of the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It depends on what you plan to put on them. I bought 70" Yakama Core bars and cut them down(I think 66") to the size required for two Thule Hullavators as the Hullavators need to be a specific distance from the sides of the car.
Cutting down was pretty straightforward? Caps still fit? I have 65” round bars now and don’t want to lose any width but the aero shape comes in 60” or 70”.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Cutting down was pretty straightforward? Caps still fit? I have 65” round bars now and don’t want to lose any width but the aero shape comes in 60” or 70”.
The Jetstreams aero bars for Yakima has a hole that a tab sits in to secure the end cap down. I believe they are aluminum. They are not solid bars, not that the round bars are either. A lot more surface area to cut and I would think you need to drill a hole for the end caps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.