Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6 days into my first experience as both a Subaru and Ascent Owner and already get why people are so passionate about the brand. Bought a 19 Touring Trim in Abyss blue with many accessories well under invoice. I am just over the moon how quickly this car has impressed me in so many ways. I will surely throw up a post on first impressions but will simply say I had one foot out the door on a new BMW X7 but after my wife and I getting time to know this vehicle there was literally nothing the Ascent didn’t offer that the X7 did. We looked at each other and said why in the world spend another 30k when we can get an SUV we do not have to hold back and have fun with worrying about expensive repairs and premium gas.

Look keeping it real sure the BMW has the prestige and beautifully done. It’s probably the best luxury SUV of any of those imports. However the interior trim on the Touring Ascent truly is the nicest in its class. We shopped extensively all SUVS under 75k for months to make sure we would be happy with something we will likely keep at least 10 years as our kids will hopefully ? be away in college and not need all the space.

I am excited for our new adventures in this car and learning from all of you about your culture and this great brand. Also will be looking for area events in greater Philly and beyond.

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
Congratulations! 'Glad you are having a great experience so far. I have a month and a half wait still for my Ascent to arrive, but at least I get to play in my spouse's Outback Limited with Eyesight in the meantime. :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
While a lot of us old Subie people are "moving up" to the Ascent (5 Subarus here, WRX, Outback, Impreza, Outback, Ascent), we are also seeing a lot of people "moving down" from the Luxury brands as the Ascent is "good enough" and so much cheaper.

Was riding in a nice Lexus SUV the other day and the main difference was the 360deg top down camera view. The Touring does hit a lot of the luxury boxes and I imagine the next revamp will tick off a few more and close the gap even futher.

We're a smaller group than the other brands, but we're also growing fast!

Welcome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
We are taking delivery of our Ascent tomorrow for some of the reasons Kevin is stating. My wife wanted something smaller than her crew cab truck so we drove a lot of "luxury" brands while shopping. We could not justify the cost difference when the Subaru gave us almost everything those brands did at a lower price point. We think it is a great match for us with a 8 and 2 year old boy and 2 dogs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts