Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
if you can share a few things about your ownership of the 2019+ Subaru, what would it be? The most liked or hated, share them with every one I am sure you won't be the only one.
I mentioned before that the eyesight is my favorite feature. The adaptive cruise control is light years ahead of the antiquated radar based system in my old Highlander. Eyesight has not yet slammed on the brakes when another vehicle cuts in front of me like the Toyota used to do. The lane keep assist is also a welcome upgrade.
Two things that I miss on the Ascent are the outside mirrors linked to the seat memory and the rear glass opening separately from the hatch, both features that I had on my Highlander and are on most of the other competitive vehicles. Perhaps Subaru will add these features when they update the Ascent in a few years. Other than these two omissions, the Ascent is one heck of a SUV. I like it a little more every time I drive it!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
So, I'll start things off, (one vehicle specific, one general). Love my new Touring, but two hitches so far:

Vehicle specific (I guess): the accessory approach light/heated outside mirror on the driver side is wonky. It cannot be adjusted properly and when trying to adjust it, it will flip back each time it gets close. I figure the installer just put the accessory in wrong. The originals were delivered with the car, so worst case I'll have one of those for a while until a good one is available.

The navigation system has all of the local roads around here labeled as 55 MPH speed limits (many are 25 MPH) and my street name is wrong (granted it is a one lane, dirt, private road). However, my wife's 2015 OB has the speed limits "correct" in the sense that none are displayed and hers knows the correct name of our street. Go figure.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Trying to buy all weather floor mats for our 8 passenger Limited but all I can find is ones for a 7 passenger. Any ideas?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Trying to buy all weather floor mats for our 8 passenger Limited but all I can find is ones for a 7 passenger. Any ideas?
Probably two realistic options at the moment - since the car is so new, I'm sure Subaru (or another manufacturer) will shortly have mats for the 8 passenger version. Just gotta wait unfortunately... the other option is to get the 7 passenger one and modify it to fit (if necessary). It might actually still just slide into place (i.e. the middle alleyway portion might slide underneath the 2nd row middle seat.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Probably two realistic options at the moment - since the car is so new, I'm sure Subaru (or another manufacturer) will shortly have mats for the 8 passenger version. Just gotta wait unfortunately... the other option is to get the 7 passenger one and modify it to fit (if necessary). It might actually still just slide into place (i.e. the middle alleyway portion might slide underneath the 2nd row middle seat.
Yeah that what I was thinking is I could slide that middle piece under the middle seat. We still have a few weeks before we get it so I may test it out from the dealer and see if it works.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
The navigation system has all of the local roads around here labeled as 55 MPH speed limits (many are 25 MPH) and my street name is wrong (granted it is a one lane, dirt, private road). However, my wife's 2015 OB has the speed limits "correct" in the sense that none are displayed and hers knows the correct name of our street. Go figure.
I found the speed limits to be surprisingly accurate in my limited amount of driving, but it is suburban. Have you tried updating the maps? I was surprised to find that I could connect to my home WiFi and then choose a "region" (state, up to 8) to update over the Internet. I have a TomTom based system in my Mazda that I didn't like at all - this one seems better, but I'll probably rely on Android Auto most of the time. I really do like that I can show the street and speed limit.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Favorites: The ride and room. Easy steering, low CG, plenty of room for wife, three kids and parents. Quality, it just feels solid! I've always loved this about Subies. Three zone HVAC! I like it cool, wife not so much and kids are dependent on the day. Vents in both 2nd and 3rd row means I never have to cook/freeze to get the air back to them. Front controls of rear HVAC is great, as well as being able to lock it out! Panoramic moonroof, it's just super cool and the 95% UV blocking means you don't cook. Hidden hitch, love the cover and having both 4 and 6 prong jacks.

Hates (well, that's too strong of a word really): When you close the moonroof, it closes in the up position. You have to push it again to fully close it. Subaru knows and will fix it on their next version. It's hardware based so no software fix. The fabric on the inside of both front seats is a little basic. I think it's there to protect the leather from rubbing on the center console, but could have been crafted a little better shape-wise IMHO. The pull out leg supporter is pretty awesome and I'm sure it's going to make a huge difference on long drives, but the side leather is cut a little weird. Have to see why, there's probably a good reason. Anyways, these things are minuscule compared to how much I LOOOOOVVVVEEEEE this Subie! I call her "Beast" because compared my 2011 Outback, that's what she is :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Are you trying to find non-oem branded ones? Mines a 8 passenger limited with all weather mats...

No the Subaru ones does your have the one of the middle section that slides under the middle seat of the second row?

·
Registered
106 Posts
These are listed for the 8 passenger (and 7 passenger):
PN: J501SXC030

Parts Tree: Subaru / Ascent / Premium 8-Passenger w/EyeSight / 2.4L / 2019 / J501SXC030

Link:
https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2...Weather-Floor-Liners/73184632/J501SXC030.html

They look like this:
Those are the only ones I’ve seen and to me it’s for the 7 passenger to fit between the Captains chairs. But maybe they are for both?

·
Registered
55 Posts
My 8 passenger limited and my friends 7 passenger touring have the same mats that extend between or underneath the middle row section. It's just covered more in the 8 passenger version.

Those are the only ones I’ve seen and to me it’s for the 7 passenger to fit between the Captains chairs. But maybe they are for both?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I found the speed limits to be surprisingly accurate in my limited amount of driving, but it is suburban. Have you tried updating the maps? I was surprised to find that I could connect to my home WiFi and then choose a "region" (state, up to ? to update over the Internet. I have a TomTom based system in my Mazda that I didn't like at all - this one seems better, but I'll probably rely on Android Auto most of the time. I really do like that I can show the street and speed limit.
Wondering what you mean when you say the moon roof closes in the up position and what you need to do to close it all the way? Press the button again or physically close it?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Vehicle specific (I guess): the accessory approach light/heated outside mirror on the driver side is wonky. It cannot be adjusted properly and when trying to adjust it, it will flip back each time it gets close. I figure the installer just put the accessory in wrong. The originals were delivered with the car, so worst case I'll have one of those for a while until a good one is available.
It's VERY vehicle specific. I know what you're talking about, I've had it happen to other cars. The gears get out of position during install occasionally (rarely!). It's about a five minute fix for a senior master tech. He has to pop the mirror cover off, move something around inside, then put it back together. Fixed. Take it back to your (or any) Subaru dealer and have them fix it.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts