Subaru Ascent Forum banner

What to check when taking possession of your ascent?

24K views 60 replies 35 participants last post by  Copy 
I know this may seem odd.
Roll down all the windows and inspect the top of the glass. This is more important with the newer laminated glass. I took delivery on a car on January 3rd (not a Subaru - keep in mind this is in Minnesota...cold). Around January 11th, I went to the bank drive through the make a deposit for work and rolled down the window. I noticed that it had a chip on the top edge. Contacted the dealer and they stated it must have been something I did and should turn it into my insurance company. I explained that this is a company owned vehicle and our insurance provider does not cover glass on commercially owned vehicles and also reminded them it had been below zero since taking delivery - not great weather for driving around with the windows open. They still blamed me, offered no concessions - have not been on their property since and between my business, me and my wife have purchased 6 new vehicles since. Yes, I am salty, can you tell?

The laminated glass appears to be made up of 3 layers and on the vehicles that have had it, you can see the layers at the top of the glass and the inner and outer layers can chip away fairly easy. We had some chipping on the top of the glass on another vehicle as well over time, not sure what caused it.

This like the paint is one of those things that once you take possession of it, you would have a difficult time proving it was that way.