Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you (or me?) we’re going to order an Ascent Touring, and could only choose one accessory to add, what would you pick and why?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
If you (or me?) we’re going to order an Ascent Touring, and could only choose one accessory to add, what would you pick and why?
Playing by those rules it would have to be the trailer hitch. It's the most labor-intensive of all the accessories AFAIK. Most eveything else is much easier to install yourself.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think adding a USB socket on the third row behind the driver would be something I’d add. Much to much to be removed and cut easier to have it factory installed

·
Administrator
10,943 Posts
Toss up for me...

Playing by those rules it would have to be the trailer hitch. It's the most labor-intensive of all the accessories AFAIK. Most eveything else is much easier to install yourself.
I think adding a USB socket on the third row behind the driver would be something I’d add. Much to much to be removed and cut easier to have it factory installed
Toss up for me. I think, for me, the USB would be more of a PITA (I hate removing those panels, and generally that requires some replacement clips). OTOH, while the hitch is pretty labor intensive, it's pretty easy as well. I don't quite have the time for that though.

Probably, from a cost perspective (skipping my lack of time), I'd get the hitch installed at the factory and do the USB ports one day on my own.

The reality is I had it all done at "port" ("factory" install) because I have the time for none of that.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Toss up for me. I think, for me, the USB would be more of a PITA (I hate removing those panels, and generally that requires some replacement clips). OTOH, while the hitch is pretty labor intensive, it's pretty easy as well. I don't quite have the time for that though.

Probably, from a cost perspective (skipping my lack of time), I'd get the hitch installed at the factory and do the USB ports one day on my own.

The reality is I had it all done at "port" ("factory" install) because I have the time for none of that.

You could always use one of these in the 12v outlet in the back to get USB ports behind the 3rd row seats: https://www.amazon.com/Meagoes-Char...id=1548811180&sr=8-7&keywords=12v+to+usb+plug

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
The hitch was $500 installed, as part of my Limited. The hitch kit (hitch, receiver, and wiring harness) is $380 shipped on ebay. I don't think $120 difference is worth my time.

If you haul stuff, getting the weather mat for cargo and back of 3rd row seat is a must. The rubber mat provides good traction, preventing stuff sliding around, and I think there's no better aftermarket solution. All other weather mats- forget it!!

Otherwise, you already paid about $5K worth of options, if available, above the Limited trim package.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Out of all the accessories I added to mine, the only one that gets daily use are the wind deflectors (rain guards). Just don't let the dealer put them on if you are OCD like me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts