Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I look at everything in a new car when I buy one. Every cover, hole attachment. What is this ojbect located on driver side behind second row just below and forward of the rear cargo cover square. Cannot find it in the owner manual and know one at the dealer (sales or service) knows what it is.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,837 Posts
Looks like spot with a missing cover for an accessory product you didn't buy. I don't have my Ascent yet to look there, however.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can get a security shade for the back. I get's used when the 3rd row is folded down. I have one. It's in the rafters of my garage waiting for me to find a use for it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Dunno, I've got the same thing on my Touring. Not the 3rd row speaker either, that's a little farther back. And it's only on the driver's side of the 3rd row side wall.

Hey maybe it's where the Optional additional USB plugs would be. I didn't get that option.

F.S.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
It's the temperature sensor for the rear HVAC system, there is a diagram showing it on page 274 of the owners manual.

The 3rd row USB ports are on the passenger side.

·
Registered
913 Posts
LOL, War and Peace was a quicker read!

Though I finally did get through it all. Now have to start over because I've forgotten half of it! :p

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
LOL, War and Peace was a quicker read!

Though I finally did get through it all. Now have to start over because I've forgotten half of it! :p
The searchable PDF version is priceless!

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
1 - 11 of 11 Posts