Subaru Ascent Forum banner

What inexpensive, fun accessories have you personalized your Ascent with?

15K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  Janner 
#1 ·
The title here says it all.

I feel like my Ascent needs a bit more "personalization", but I dont know what to do. I'm not talking about standard Subaru accessories, or extravagant stuff. Just little "touches" to make it more unique.

For example, I've considered getting Xenon bulbs for my interior, but I think they might be too obnoxious. I also saw some solar-powered cupholder inserts that I thought might give a nice subtle red glow to my interior, matching my exterior... but they got incredibly awful ratings.

What else have people done to personalize your interior??

#7 ·
Honestly, the thing I am wanting most is the badge of ownership; and maybe something for the dog in the back

#12 ·
The overlays look like a nice idea, but I'm not blown away by their designs.

SUBARU PRE CUT VINYL OVERLAYS has some nice designs, but nothing for the Ascent (yet).

In fact, it looks like there are a lot of personalization websites out there... but nothing for the Ascent yet. I hope it doesn't get ignored because its not "sporty" like the WRX or STI...

Reactions: kathytn
#13 ·
First thing I am going to do is remove all the rear badges. Doesn't cost anything. Clean it up. I'll just run with the emblems. Make people wonder what car I have. My BRZ looks so much cleaner without all the badges. I'm sure the Ascent will too when I finally get my hands on it.

#15 ·
I do the same thing on all my cars, I did leave the STi on the back of it just so you know it is one.

#14 ·
Useful = fun to me

Behind the seat organizer

YoGi Prime Trunk and Backseat car Organizer by, Trunk Storage Organizer Will Provides You The Most Storage Space Possible, Use It As A Back Seat Storage Car Cargo Organizer and Free Your Trunk Floor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072SMS36V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_uwNDBbSMR2TAP

Really cleans up the cargo area. Storage for extra diapers, wipes, second first aid kit (trauma kit on doors), tie downs, flashlight, led flares, microfibers, quick detailer spray for bird poop, toys, etc etc

Fridge for long trips (paid $300) to keep breast milk frozen or keep cold drinks

Dometic CF18 12v Electric Powered Cooler, Fridge Freezer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075J1NY59/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_TzNDBb5DRA0KN

#16 ·
Not quite sure if these count or not...
Set of Han Solo sabacc gold dice hanging from the rear view mirror (hasn’t had any effect yet in eyesight that I can tell. knock on wood). Goes along with the sunshade and passengers side fur lined Chewbacca seatbelt cover. Also the little yellow AWD flatbed tow only sticker that is located just above the VIN number.

Attachments

#20 ·
Not considered fun for most and mostly invisible:)

-Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealer on paint and wheels.
-Small PVC pipe glued behind bumper to prevent tow chains from cracking the plastic.
-303 protectant on leather seats to make it easier to get and out.
-Optimum window sealant

#26 ·
when the package arrives they are all stuck together, they are after all magnetic, so you have to pull them apart. I thought I had only been sent two!! nope, keep pulling them apart, there are four......If my wife does not like them on her Blue Ascent, I will put them on my car.....thanks for the idea!

#28 ·
My packaging said "2" but my order said "4". I know what you are saying because getting the 2 apart was difficult but there really were only 2 in my package.:tango_face_surprise After seeing all the door handle scratches on my 2.5 old Outback, I wanted these things asap to avoid that again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.