Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title here says it all.

I feel like my Ascent needs a bit more "personalization", but I dont know what to do. I'm not talking about standard Subaru accessories, or extravagant stuff. Just little "touches" to make it more unique.

For example, I've considered getting Xenon bulbs for my interior, but I think they might be too obnoxious. I also saw some solar-powered cupholder inserts that I thought might give a nice subtle red glow to my interior, matching my exterior... but they got incredibly awful ratings.

What else have people done to personalize your interior??

·
Registered
69 Posts
The best fun accessory I can think of to put in mine would be myself! :tango_face_wink:

Now it just needs to come!

·
Registered
197 Posts
The title here says it all.

I feel like my Ascent needs a bit more "personalization", but I dont know what to do. I'm not talking about standard Subaru accessories, or extravagant stuff. Just little "touches" to make it more unique.

For example, I've considered getting Xenon bulbs for my interior, but I think they might be too obnoxious. I also saw some solar-powered cupholder inserts that I thought might give a nice subtle red glow to my interior, matching my exterior... but they got incredibly awful ratings.

What else have people done to personalize your interior??
Have you considered Subaru's Badge of Ownership? They have a ton of options to build a badge and be best part is, their free.

https://www.badgeofownership.com/UI/dist/

As for me, I have not gotten my Ascent yet, but my wife has already bought 4 seat organizers for the captain chairs. She says they also double as seat back protectors.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you considered Subaru's Badge of Ownership? They have a ton of options to build a badge and be best part is, their free.

https://www.badgeofownership.com/UI/dist/

As for me, I have not gotten my Ascent yet, but my wife has already bought 4 seat organizers for the captain chairs. She says they also double as seat back protectors.
That is a REALLY cool, REALLY neat idea.

Thank you!

Reactions: Scott Andrews

·
Registered
411 Posts
Honestly, the thing I am wanting most is the badge of ownership; and maybe something for the dog in the back

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The overlays look like a nice idea, but I'm not blown away by their designs.

SUBARU PRE CUT VINYL OVERLAYS has some nice designs, but nothing for the Ascent (yet).

In fact, it looks like there are a lot of personalization websites out there... but nothing for the Ascent yet. I hope it doesn't get ignored because its not "sporty" like the WRX or STI...

Reactions: kathytn

·
Registered
10 Posts
First thing I am going to do is remove all the rear badges. Doesn't cost anything. Clean it up. I'll just run with the emblems. Make people wonder what car I have. My BRZ looks so much cleaner without all the badges. I'm sure the Ascent will too when I finally get my hands on it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Useful = fun to me

Behind the seat organizer

YoGi Prime Trunk and Backseat car Organizer by, Trunk Storage Organizer Will Provides You The Most Storage Space Possible, Use It As A Back Seat Storage Car Cargo Organizer and Free Your Trunk Floor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072SMS36V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_uwNDBbSMR2TAP

Really cleans up the cargo area. Storage for extra diapers, wipes, second first aid kit (trauma kit on doors), tie downs, flashlight, led flares, microfibers, quick detailer spray for bird poop, toys, etc etc

Fridge for long trips (paid $300) to keep breast milk frozen or keep cold drinks

Dometic CF18 12v Electric Powered Cooler, Fridge Freezer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075J1NY59/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_TzNDBb5DRA0KN

·
Registered
357 Posts
First thing I am going to do is remove all the rear badges. Doesn't cost anything. Clean it up. I'll just run with the emblems. Make people wonder what car I have. My BRZ looks so much cleaner without all the badges. I'm sure the Ascent will too when I finally get my hands on it.

I do the same thing on all my cars, I did leave the STi on the back of it just so you know it is one.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Not quite sure if these count or not...
Set of Han Solo sabacc gold dice hanging from the rear view mirror (hasn’t had any effect yet in eyesight that I can tell. knock on wood). Goes along with the sunshade and passengers side fur lined Chewbacca seatbelt cover. Also the little yellow AWD flatbed tow only sticker that is located just above the VIN number.

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
How exactly do you do this?

·
Registered
494 Posts
How exactly do you do this?

A heat gun and some fishing line normally does the trick. A hairdryer and some food works too.

Heat up the badges using the heat gun or hairdryer and slowly use the fishing line/ floss to slowly separate the badge from the car by putting the line in-between.

Use some goo gone to clean off the adhesive, give it a layer of wax (important) and enjoy your work.

·
Registered
357 Posts
A heat gun and some fishing line normally does the trick. A hairdryer and some food works too.

Heat up the badges using the heat gun or hairdryer and slowly use the fishing line/ floss to slowly separate the badge from the car by putting the line in-between.

Use some goo gone to clean off the adhesive, give it a layer of wax (important) and enjoy your work.
floss works ok if you don't have fishing line, also if you do this on a older car be prepared to work like crazy to get the glue off

·
Registered
561 Posts
Not considered fun for most and mostly invisible:)

-Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealer on paint and wheels.
-Small PVC pipe glued behind bumper to prevent tow chains from cracking the plastic.
-303 protectant on leather seats to make it easier to get and out.
-Optimum window sealant

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.