61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Administrator
11,930 Posts
denissh said:
FYI it's a Prime Day
NOCO Boost Plus GB40 1000
Portable Lithium Car Battery Jump Starter on sale $69

Wow, a couple weeks after I got my "no name" one. Happy with my "no name" so far. Now that I have a new battery, I don't think I will use it again, anyway. I carry it for others.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
5,242 Posts
Oooh...I grabbed that deal. Great price and even better since I had $15 of points sitting there available, too.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, 2015 WRX, 2022 OB Onyx
4,436 Posts
on sale now coupon code Love30 (30% off). I keep a control bleeding kit in my vehicle as well as on my person. I am not an emt. I just ordered another kit given the sale price. I ordered the advanced version since it has the combat gauze. Each of our vehicles has one and we also carry in backcountry in our packs.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Water bottles, a couple of crackers or a candy bar which I "rotate" out monthly to ensure freshness (rotate=eat). A 1st aid kit ( More comprehensive than the one that came with the car), gloves, paper towels, A USB chargeable flashlight, And a shovel and scraper in the Winter time. And sunscreen (For 2 reasons-a lot of light comes in through the panoramic sunroof when it's open, and also In case we make an impromptu visit to the Lake and don't have the house keys for up there, but still want to swim) and sanitizer. And 5 bucks, and a couple dollars worth of change in the centre console in case I run out of cash or don't have credit cards and need some gas, the change is in case I would need to pay for metered parking and don't have my cards with me.
I try to cover most of the bases.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Yep. Good tips.

I put out a small car fire with the one I used, and I go hiking, camping and on other similar adventures. We also get fire safety and fire extinguisher training twice a year at my work and I've helped coordinate extinguisher replacements for our habitable areas and server room, including replacing the halon ones no longer legal in our area.
Where might a small extinguisher be stored and secured, other than in the rear (not particularly accessible to the driver in an emergency)?

·
Administrator
11,930 Posts
Where might a small extinguisher be stored and secured, other than in the rear (not particularly accessible to the driver in an emergency)?
In the second row cupholder, behind the driver's seat. Won't budge. It's the only thing in my car that hasn't budged when I hop the Ascent off the ground on trail bumps. Reachable from the front if you're outside and know exactly where it is. Easily reachable from the second row door.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
In the second row cupholder, behind the driver's seat. Won't budge. It's the only thing in my car that hasn't budged when I hop the Ascent off the ground on trail bumps. Reachable from the front if you're outside and know exactly where it is. Easily reachable from the second row door.
that sounds reasonable. What model extinguisher fits?

Many years ago I had a Chrysler minivan that caught fire in the engine compartment (very well maintained). I had my wife and very young son with me. No injuries, as I was able to pull over and get everyone out, but vehicle was totaled. At that time I did not have an extinguisher.

·
Administrator
11,930 Posts
that sounds reasonable. What model extinguisher fits?

Many years ago I had a Chrysler minivan that caught fire in the engine compartment (very well maintained). I had my wife and very young son with me. No injuries, as I was able to pull over and get everyone out, but vehicle was totaled. At that time I did not have an extinguisher.
I was just taking pics, lol...

First Alert Rechargable Standard 1-A:10-B:C Fire Extinguisher

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Car Car seat cover Fixture Car seat Tints and shades

Tire Liquid Automotive tire Fluid Bicycle wheel

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Watch Automotive tire

Automotive tire Product Automotive lighting Wood Automotive exterior

I also like that it can be recharged.

·
Administrator
11,930 Posts
One tip. I use a piece of gaff tape on the door to prevent wear from rubbing.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts