Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Another VIP negotiation thread.
I'm now up to 3 dealers willing to work with me honoring VIP pricing.

2019 Ascent Limited 8 Passenger (no HK or accessories).

The deal should be invoice minus 2% with Delivery which from my calculations are $36660.72 before fees and NJ Sales Tax.

One dealer told me my invoice pricing was $400 off.
Second dealer told me invoice minus 2% + delivery/destination should be $37,039
Third Dealer basically honored my $36660 estimate but added $199 for Window Etching (I always have this removed), $600 clerical, $410 for DMV so almost $1200 in fees.

What do you guys think? Is the Ascent Invoice Sticky Thread inaccurate?

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Answers/Questions for your questions?

You're in NJ, which is serviced by Subaru Distributors Corporation, and not directly by Subaru. Invoice costs may vary. There's also freight costs that will vary for SDC delivered vehicles. I am not sure how much invoice & freight varies per SDC dealership though, so, I don't know.

As for vin etching, before you remove it, I'd check to see if your insurance company gives you a separate discount for it. Some give one singular discount for the inclusion of certain anti-theft technology. Some line-item them, meaning that keeping the vin etching may provide you a greater long term savings.

I am not sure what dealership you are working with, but I will say that I trust Dan Meola at Liberty implicitly.

Hi Guys,

The deal should be invoice minus 2% with Delivery which from my calculations are $36660.72 before fees and NJ Sales Tax.

Third Dealer basically honored my $36660 estimate but added $199 for Window Etching (I always have this removed), $600 clerical, $410 for DMV so almost $1200 in fees.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hi Guys,

Ask them to show you an invoice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah no deposit unless I actually see a buyer's order.
Right now I'm working on a deal thats within $300 of what I estimated my deal to be so getting close.
I'll post the deal once the deposit has been taken.
I am hopeful they'll find me a vehicle before the 8 weeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.