Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up my 2020 7-seat Premium tonight (order was placed June 11 for those wondering). What do I need to look for, ask about, make sure to buy or not get tricked into buying? When we bought our Forester in 2010, we got an extended warranty that I do not think we ever actually used, so for us it was a bad purchase. When we bought our Legacy in 2013, we got talked into buying some kind of paint protector, that ultimately was just a spray-on coat. I am feeling older and wiser, but not 100% confident on what I ought to be watching out for. People on here mentioned checking the a/c is working. Am I just checking that it gets cold quickly?

What other things should I expect the dealership to try to sell me? Which things would be practical purchases vs which things are really just to boost the dealership's profit?

·
Registered
775 Posts
just give it a quick run-through and make sure everything works, that there are no dents or dings or scratches inside or out. They're going to try to sell you interior, paint, wheel, and a general warranty along with a service contract.

It's up to you if you want them or not, you've indicated probably not based off your response above. Do your research so you know how much you should be paying, and all these things are negotiable so you don't have to accept them at list price, should you wish to buy any of them (It's a calculated risk for both you and the manufacturer regarding whether or not you want to buy any of those extras).

Other than that, make sure you've got all of your junk out of your old car, if you're trading one. And make sure to delete any phone and or navigation information you might have on your trade-in as well..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts