Subaru Ascent Forum banner

What do do with the form from OEM hitch

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  London 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I installed a CURT hitch receiver and was wondering if I could throw away that form strip? The foam strip is located behind the bumper and the metal bar that needs to be removed to installed the hitch receiver.

Thanks!

#4 ·
Try to sell the original metal bumper/foam to offset the loss of eventually selling your newly installed CURT hitch. Use all proceeds to purchase and install the far superior OEM hitch (OEM hitch attaches directly to the frame, CURT does not).

All jokes aside, you should be fine with the CURT if you are only hauling bikes and such.

OEM vs Aftermarket
Try to sell the original metal bumper/foam to offset the loss of eventually selling your newly installed CURT hitch. Use all proceeds to purchase and install the far superior OEM hitch (OEM hitch attaches directly to the frame, CURT does not).

All jokes aside, you should be fine with the CURT if you are only hauling bikes and such.

OEM vs Aftermarket
Yes, that's all I plan to with the CURT is to haul bikes :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.