Subaru Ascent Forum banner

141 - 160 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just installed my auto dimming side mirrors. Very simple install. Is there a market for the old ones? Can I sell them? Don't need then now :)

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
I've seen a few people crack theirs (someone hits it in a parking lot, etc), so, requests for them do come up from time to time.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,267 Posts
I hit the car wash to get the salt off from recent snow storms...first opportunity to do that because of extreme "busy-ness"

·
Super Moderator
2,226 Posts
I started updating my badges. Next I’ll have to update my avatar here. Same design but the quality of the overlays from SubyVinyl are so much better! Worth every penny for the custom design.
Here’s the steering wheel badge:

I still have to do the ones for the grille and liftgate as well as some extras.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Black/Black
252 Posts
Finally. Played in 3' of snowfall. I drove to elderly inlaws to shovel them out. Passed by many stuck vehicles. Highways are shutdown due to whiteout and blizzard conditions. Sadly, no brunch places are open. Ascent handled like a champ.
My Subarus have always smiled joyfully anytime they get to drive in the snow! :)

·
Registered
2021 Ascent
48 Posts
Installed kick panels and door sill protectors on all 4 doors

With the door sills, I spent more time cutting out that stupid alignment clear sheet - waste of time. But what wasn’t mentioned in the instructions... in a heated garage... I wiped the door down with alcohol (their wipes are insufficient), removed the 3m tape backing, applied the kick panel protector and it didn’t adhere to the door - Not even after using the plastic tool to apply pressure. So I got out my wife’s hairdryer (sorry honey if you are reading this) and heated up the area on the door and both sides of the panel I was applying. Maybe 5 minutes on high heat (nice and toasty) and it adhered really well with the first time setting it in place.

I think I did a good job on setting the sills into place but think I didn’t align the rear ones in the correct position.

perhaps I will post up a picture for commentary on the rear doors.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent
162 Posts
Had a nice warm day so I got around to cutting the cover plate, (picked up an extra so I have one without a hole) and mounted my bike rack that finally came in 5 months late.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Installed Rally Armor splash guards. Definitely saw a little sand on the lower panels from camping, so glad I got the bigger splash guards.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
766 Posts
I remote started from 2,200 miles away to keep the battery charged while we are in CA for a month. Needed help from home with the garage door though.

Then immediately searched for smart garage door openers.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,267 Posts
I just noticed they exist when I was looking at available third party accessories for the security system I'll be putting in our new home shortly. If you can think of it...someone has "smarted" it. :) :D

Reactions: GaryInMI

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
865 Posts
I remote started from 2,200 miles away to keep the battery charged while we are in CA for a month. Needed help from home with the garage door though.

You don't need a whole new opener. The Chamberlain MyQ and others are adapters that make any Intellicode compatible opener into a smart opener. I bought the MyQ from Amazon for $27. If works well with my 28 year old Genie opener.

141 - 160 of 182 Posts