Subaru Ascent Forum banner

121 - 140 of 182 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
@itsdchz Looking good! Any chance you can take pics of the s2 output vs stock fogs when you get them installed?
Absolutely! I had S2s mounted on my Tundra Bed Rac and they were pretty bright. I had the Diode Dynamics on my Crosstrek as fogs, and they were not as bright as the Baja Designs Squadton Sports fogs on my 4Runner and Tundra, so I imagine these will be perfect on the Ascent!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Absolutely! I had S2s mounted on my Tundra Bed Rac and they were pretty bright. I had the Diode Dynamics on my Crosstrek as fogs, and they were not as bright as the Baja Designs Squadton Sports fogs on my 4Runner and Tundra, so I imagine these will be perfect on the Ascent!

Thank you SIr! Eager to finally see some pics of it. Been eyeing them for some time but never was able to pull the trigger until I saw some sort of before and after photo. Are you getting the driving combo or the wide cornering?

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Thank you SIr! Eager to finally see some pics of it. Been eyeing them for some time but never was able to pull the trigger until I saw some sort of before and after photo. Are you getting the driving combo or the wide cornering?
Combo driving :)

·
Super Moderator
2,226 Posts
Just expired my original new car limited warranty
719464D6-26E7-458C-AFC2-C8037C98C127.jpeg

I feel like she’s getting so grown up. Where did the years go? 😢

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
3rd oil/filter change at 9800 miles, tire rotation, air filter checked and found almost like new, installed the mats that Robert recommended (MaxLiners). Those are so nice. Much better coverage than the OEM rubber mats. I did leave the subaru carpets underneath for sound insulation and the fit is still good. A far superior product than what we got when we ordered out WeatherTech mats for our Forester which came scrunched up in a box and never regained their shape. All in all a fairly productive day in the garage!

·
Super Moderator
2,226 Posts
@jimusoke your Ascent is looking really good. Do you plan on doing more chrome deletes to go with the black on white theme?

·
Registered
29 Posts
@jimusoke your Ascent is looking really good. Do you plan on doing more chrome deletes to go with the black on white theme?
Thanks...yes I do plan to do more chrome deletes: want to paint grill and do the window trim...I may want to do the god light area and bottom of the doors a different color for contrast...still kinda figuring that bit out. The LP bumper aluminum kinda complicates things.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent
49 Posts
I replaced my stock 20" wheels with 20" Voxx Divos. The TPMS sensors were easily transferred with just new valve stems.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent
49 Posts
Did my first oil change today @998 miles. Drove it up on my ramps and installed a Fumoto valve after I drained my oil. I used Idemitsu 0-20W and a Wix oil filter. Next change at 3K, then at 6K I'll bring it to the dealer for my first free service.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did a little more chrome deleting on the front grille. I opted to spray paint the grille...5 coats of black and 3 coats of clear later and I am amazed at how one small change appears to completely change the look of the car.
Before and after.....

l

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks good! 👍 Is removing the grille difficult?
Removing the grille is pretty easy with about 6-10 clips at the bottom and about 4-6 at the top. However, if you have the LP front bumper under guard like I have there isn’t enough clearance to completely remove the bumper so my install was more complicated as I could not completely remove the bumper.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,267 Posts
I’ll need to rent one of those sometime soon. Was the 6” drop (IIRC?) correct for the tongue height on that trailer?
TIA
It was correct for the UHaul trailer I pulled from central Florida up here to SE PA a year and a half ago.

121 - 140 of 182 Posts