Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
I, more accurately my son installed LED interior and license plate lights (2019 Limited). We tapped into the useless cargo light with a DD LED light strip that is 20" long (adhesive tape on the backside) and ran it behind the top cargo area trim and then down to the existing light area. It really is a plug and play install. 15 minute install and what a difference! Clean install. The rest of the replacements involved simply pulling the covers off and replacing the bulbs. License plate bulbs are accessed through larger square access panel in the cargo door gate. Reach in with hand to remove and replace bulbs. Not the easiest but better than having to remove the entire gate panel.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
The Ascent is NOT acrophobic. Today we drove up Mt. Evans which for those of you who have not visited Colorado; the road is the highest elevation in the United States (14, 260'). It is not a difficult drive at all (14 miles - from gate; of mostly good road with some frost heaves and certainly fall to your death edges). Snow remained along with strong gusts of wind. From a week of 100 degrees to 40 in 9000 feet.

Earlier in the week I chased out of my cargo area a mouse. A couple of days after I noticed another in the passenger floor area,; who was also chased out. I placed a trap in the car for a few days but no bites. I smelled what I had hoped was simply the remnants of them. It was strong enough that today my son and I pulled the rear seat and cargo bin out. We pulled up the felt liner and behold two dead mice and their gifts. I vacuumed it all up; cleaned and disinfected the surfaces.

The universe is back in balance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 2.5, 2021 Ascent Premium on the way
188 Posts
The Ascent is NOT acrophobic. Today we drove up Mt. Evans which for those of you who have not visited Colorado; the road is the highest elevation in the United States (14, 260'). It is not a difficult drive at all (14 miles - from gate; of mostly good road with some frost heaves and certainly fall to your death edges). Snow remained along with strong gusts of wind. From a week of 100 degrees to 40 in 9000 feet.
I wish we made that drive when we visited in the summer of 2019, went to Garden of the Gods instead. Maybe next time, we'll certainly be back to Denver since I have a cousin there and a long term project based there as well.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts

Earlier in the week I chased out of my cargo area a mouse. A couple of days after I noticed another in the passenger floor area,; who was also chased out. I placed a trap in the car for a few days but no bites. I smelled what I had hoped was simply the remnants of them. It was strong enough that today my son and I pulled the rear seat and cargo bin out. We pulled up the felt liner and behold two dead mice and their gifts. I vacuumed it all up; cleaned and disinfected the surfaces.

The universe is back in balance.
Damn. I think you can see my house from way up there.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. Well 3 out of 4. ;)

Mice aren't really a problem around here. Maybe the snakes keep them in check.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. Well 3 out of 4. ;)

Mice aren't really a problem around here. Maybe the snakes keep them in check.
I never had them in my vehicles before. I have no idea how they got in given where the car has been. They pulled some of the cargo bin sound insulation down to make a nest.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I never had them in my vehicles before. I have no idea how they got in given where the car has been. They pulled some of the cargo bin sound insulation down to make a nest.
My hubby has removed a screen from a vent that is big enough for our feral cat to get in through..LOL She is an excellent mouser, adding in a litter box and a nice cool bowl of water should help any issues IF my Ascent ever shows up.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts