Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!!! 40,000 MILES!!!

What did I do with my Ascent today? Today, in just THREE more miles, I pass the 40,000 mile mark!!! I am currently 3 miles away and three minutes from leaving work. So, in exactly 3 miles, I will have broken 40,000 miles, MANY of which have been brutal miles, including hundreds of hours of off-roading, and numerous road trips, including my recent 8,400 mile road trip with 30 hours (and still counting) of off roading in just over two weeks.

(just to be totally transparent, I got the car at 7 miles, so, technically, I have 10 more miles before it's done 40,000 miles while I've owned it, lol!!!)

I am still loving this car!!! Even with all of the brutal abuse I put it through on rocks, in the desert, on the beach, in the mountains, towing a trailer that weighs almost as much as my Ascent, and driving many miles in NYC Metro Area's horrible traffic, my problems have been near none.

In total, these are the only issues I've ever had with my Ascent:
  • Rear door latch issue on Touring causing it to take 2 pulls to open from the outside. Probably the first reported case of it from what I can discern (on pick-up day when the wonderful team at @Liberty Subaru went through EVERY button, latch, knob and setting on the car, which is how we found it sooo early during the production run). Subaru had the part redesigned and created a TSB for replacement of the part for all affected vehicles.

• MPH->KPH switch on the driver pod for Nav units, even when MPH selected. I provided Ascent Techline various videos, and details so they could help HK track it down and fix it.

• Radio presets issue on the original firmware. I provided SoA and Techline a write up on the profile confusion causing the presets issues, and we saw two fixes (one in the December 2018 firmware, one in the Feb 2019 firmware) to fix the issues. I also mentioned to them about the security issues found in the HK stack that the Audi, VW and Subaru share.

• Brakes vibrating as if warped. They ground the rotors and lubed the pads per the related TSB.
Other than those, no issues whatsoever (unless you count me running over two screws and needing to get my all terrains plugged twice). So, no real or major issues to speak of.

(pics of my Ascent Adventures in 7 different National and State Parks)

I have BARELY begun my Ascent Adventures!!! I've got many more planned for this year, and the years to come!!!

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Achievement unlocked!!!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,263 Posts
Congratulations! Quite a milestone in a very short period of time!!!

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You’ll need a new one in a few years if u keep up the mileage !!
That'll be my excuse for getting the mid generation refresh, if it comes with the newer tech... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

NIce! I'll probably break 10k early 2020 at this point. Is this the highest mileage Ascent out on the forums?
There's one guy on FB who claims to have twice my mileage. It's a company car, that they use to drive between two locations in two different states, every work day. He actually wanted to send me confirmation of the miles (photo or MySubaru screenshot), but never did. He kinda just disappeared.

There's one other owner who I think is both here and in the FB group who says she's about 5,000 miles ahead of me. It wouldn't surprise me if she was. I used to commute 120 miles a day, either 5 or 6 days a week, and do another 100 on the one or two off days. So, my weekly driving used to be 600-700 miles. Before factoring in road trips, that's almost 34,000 miles a year.

Hopefully if we do the High Mileage section, she'll participate.

And then my Subie Friend Sheena, in the FB group is right behind me. She had been ahead until my mega road trip. I thought she'd be catching up this Fall and Winter, but apparently I can squeeze in a few more road trips before the year is out. I already have about 10,000 miles worth planned for next year. ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
EDIT: ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!!! 40,000 MILES!!!
View attachment 1560

What did I do with my Ascent today? Today, in just THREE more miles, I pass the 40,000 mile mark!!! I am currently 3 miles away and three minutes from leaving work. So, in exactly 3 miles, I will have broken 40,000 miles, MANY of which have been brutal miles, including hundreds of hours of off-roading, and numerous road trips, including my recent 8,400 mile road trip with 30 hours (and still counting) of off roading in just over two weeks.

(just to be totally transparent, I got the car at 7 miles, so, technically, I have 10 more miles before it's done 40,000 miles while I've owned it, lol!!!)

I am still loving this car!!! Even with all of the brutal abuse I put it through on rocks, in the desert, on the beach, in the mountains, towing a trailer that weighs almost as much as my Ascent, and driving many miles in NYC Metro Area's horrible traffic, my problems have been near none.

In total, these are the only issues I've ever had with my Ascent:
  • Rear door latch issue on Touring causing it to take 2 pulls to open from the outside. Probably the first reported case of it from what I can discern (on pick-up day when the wonderful team at @Liberty Subaru went through EVERY button, latch, knob and setting on the car, which is how we found it sooo early during the production run). Subaru had the part redesigned and created a TSB for replacement of the part for all affected vehicles.

• MPH->KPH switch on the driver pod for Nav units, even when MPH selected. I provided Ascent Techline various videos, and details so they could help HK track it down and fix it.

• Radio presets issue on the original firmware. I provided SoA and Techline a write up on the profile confusion causing the presets issues, and we saw two fixes (one in the December 2018 firmware, one in the Feb 2019 firmware) to fix the issues. I also mentioned to them about the security issues found in the HK stack that the Audi, VW and Subaru share.

• Brakes vibrating as if warped. They ground the rotors and lubed the pads per the related TSB.
Other than those, no issues whatsoever (unless you count me running over two screws and needing to get my all terrains plugged twice). So, no real or major issues to speak of.

View attachment 1554
(pics of my Ascent Adventures in 7 different National and State Parks)

I have BARELY begun my Ascent Adventures!!! I've got many more planned for this year, and the years to come!!!
Robert-your a driving fool and the best guy on this forum-hope the road trip went well-How lucky SOA is to have you as a brand Ambassador-Jeff Brown

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Robert-your a driving fool and the best guy on this forum-hope the road trip went well-How lucky SOA is to have you as a brand Ambassador-Jeff Brown
Thanks so much for the kind words, Jeff!!!

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yup, thank you for your contributions. SOA should have you on their payroll if they don't already.
LMAO!!! That'd be nice. But, no, all I get are some cool shirts to wear, and maybe some swag to give out to people I meet.

My former Outback saved my brother's life when he hit a stationary truck at 70mph. He walked away without a scratch. So, I guess I've been paid in a way I can never pay back. ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
LMAO!!! That'd be nice. But, no, all I get are some cool shirts to wear, and maybe some swag to give out to people I meet.

My former Outback saved my brother's life when he hit a stationary truck at 70mph. He walked away without a scratch. So, I guess I've been paid in a way I can never pay back. ;)

View attachment 1566
?? Did that outback have eyesight

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
?? Did that outback have eyesight
Alas, no. 2010 Outback Premium 6MT (6 speed manual). He went from 70 to airbag to zero pretty instantaneously. The big red thing in the engine bay is part of one of those lumber forklifts that was mounted to the back of the truck.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Man, you are racking up the miles. We are at 25k in just over 1 year and basically trouble free !!!

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Nope, I'm following a dozen cars with higher mileage than my current 71,131 miles.

Everyone, ignore my tire pressure. I am running BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 Light Truck tires. They require considerably more inflation than the stock 20" tires, lol.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Robert I was trying to catch up with you on mileage (66,930) but instead of driving to work every day I decided to retire. No more 500+ mile weeks just to go to work!

Maybe I can catch you with long trips to see this amazing country. I do like the sound of that...

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice, Robert! And, happy retirement! I've been working from home for one year, starting this coming March. It's the only reason I haven't broken 100,000 yet. So, since I will be working from home for the foreseeable future, you may just do that! And, sounds like you'll have a blast while doing so!!! :)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,263 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts