Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Black/Black
171 Posts
I wish I had a pic, but most I've carried so far was on a Costco trip right before Thanksgiving. Had a large folding table, 6 folding chairs, and 2 full shopping carts full of groceries in the back. Oh, and that was with our toddler and teen daughter in the middle seats as well as my wife and I up front. Haven't needed to put the middle seat down yet, but when it's down it looks absolutely enormous back there. Can't wait to fully check out how much it can hold.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Washer and Dryer!

And the funniest was the guys from Lowes saying, "No way is that going to fit." Love proving them wrong!

And my "Tardis" license plate lived up to its name. It really is bigger on the inside!

·
Super Moderator
2,106 Posts
Old pic:

firewood!

I’ve also put an entire 14’ trampoline back there, disassembled. I’ll be moving the trampoline again soon so I’ll snap a pic

·
Registered
2020 Ascent
150 Posts
I meant to take a pic of the Ascent loaded with the boxes for our new dining set but totally forgot. The tabletop is 40”x60”, the box it came in was around 44”x65”x20” and said 227kgs. Plus two 16”x20”x48” boxes for the chairs. There was easily enough room for another box if we had opted for 6 chairs.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent, 2011 WRX, 2009 Outback
472 Posts
I stopped taking pictures after the countless IKEA trips in our Outback. Its amazing what you can fit into these vehicles, even with a car seat...lol

·
Super Moderator
2,106 Posts
I stopped taking pictures after the countless IKEA trips in our Outback. Its amazing what you can fit into these vehicles, even with a car seat...lol
I had my ikea boxes measured out ready to put in the back of my Ascent. Their website is great! Anywho, ikea didn’t have either couch I wanted to buy in stock so it never came to fruition. Side-note: I found the exact couches on fb marketplace and hooked up a uhaul trailer to the Ascent to bring them home already assembled for ½ the price!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,035 Posts
When you are researching online with Ikea, you can see inventory at your intended store... ;)

Slightly off topic...that said, the two leather Ikea loveseats and upholstered matching chair I bought in 1988 from Ikea in Conshohocken PA (their first store in the US) are moving with us to the new house later in the month. I think I've gotten my money's worth!

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring (Canadian Edition) -- Ice Silver Metallic
71 Posts
I fit something like this (2pc futon with ottoman) from Costco during a snow storm in 2019 (snow was coming down hard with accumulation less than 6cm or 3in), so I didn't take photos.

Wife really wanted it that badly that night, and since it was snowing and Costco about to close soon, it was the perfect time to avoid the crowds.

The only thing that needed assembly were the legs, so it's quite bulky even with the box removed and the futon in upright L shaped form.

It's like a double bed if flat.

I had to adjust the driver's seat forward so that the hatch would close. It probably took the two of us 10min to nudge it in there because it was quite a snug fit, and I didn't want to scratch up a 2mo old vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,035 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
690 Posts
I’m glad to see I’m not the only person that uses their Ascent as a truck.
Brands don't matter to me. If it needs carrying, it goes into whatever I own. My wife would laugh at me taking her Lexus to home Depot and coming back with thousands of pounds of cement, sand, lumber, sod, whatever. She'd be " Lexie's not a truck!"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts