Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as we get closer and closer to our delivery dates or if you are lucky enough to already have delivery I wanted to start a thread about what nickname you plan on giving your in car wi-if?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I will call it nothing, as I won't be using it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Oh god, oh god, we’re all going to die

·
Registered
303 Posts
I won’t be using it either, as my work phone is “free” and can be set to be a WiFi hotspot with unlimited data ?.

I like the FBI / GBI suggestions LOL. I did something similar with our home wifi routers.
For juvenile giggles you could always make it “@$$-scent” but I would be scared to see how many randoms will try to join on.

·
Banned
145 Posts
If I turn it on, it will be a long string of random numbers and letters and the same with the password and put into a non broadcasting mode. Even modern security wifi can be broken in minutes. The only security is the people that can do it are not in your area. A traveling wifi system will be a temptation they will not resist. Then there is lte tower spoofing, very easy to do with a few hundred dollars. I know subaru has learned their lesson about security and information centers, but they will always find a way.

Jeep is a prime example why you keep a low profile.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.