Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
^ Like DKeane noted, it's push-and-hold.

The first set of beeps is likely to warn nearby pedestrians to clear the vehicle. The second set of longer beeps occur just prior-to/as the gate is moving.

It's been like this on all of my late-model Subarus with self-opening/closing rear gates.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
365 Posts
The beeping! Haha! Yes, Subaru's seem to be quite vocal! I was saying to my Outback, just this past week, "must we always attract so much attention?" :tango_face_wink:
I believe there is a way to deactivate the beeping, but keep the lights flashing, but I don’t have my manual in front of me to verify that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I believe there is a way to deactivate the beeping, but keep the lights flashing, but I don’t have my manual in front of me to verify that.
I turned the beeping off for both the rear gate opening and closing and the doors locking.

The lights still flash.

If i remember correctly its in the settings on the head unit somewhere.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The beeping! Haha! Yes, Subaru's seem to be quite vocal! I was saying to my Outback, just this past week, "must we always attract so much attention?" :tango_face_wink:
My daughter (also a Subaru owner) & I went cross country skiing this weekend in northern New Hampshire and as we walked through the parking lot it was an endless chirping of that distinctive Subaru liftgate beeping. I would estimate that about 40% of the cars in the lot were some model of a Subaru.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I believe it would be:
1. Grab the back hatch.
2. Push the rubber latch button with your (gloved right now) fingers.
3. Pull the hatch open.

You know, for those of us who didn't get a foo-foo power hatch. ;)
They still make them without power?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
We own two subarus, 2016 forester and Ascent, with two different power liftgate technology. On the Forester, I can manually take over and move the liftgate at any position. However, on the Ascent, I can't seem to do the same, it's always power-assist.

I'm starting to park the Ascent in the garage now and it appears that the liftgate (when open) will hit the overhead garage door. Right now, I can't access the cargo area when it's parked in the garage. At this time, I don't want to limit the opening height because that will hit my head.

Any idea?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Back into your garage space.

1) Puts your lift gate behind the end of the opened garage door

2) Opens up space in a otherwise confined garage, if you figure out where to stop backing where the closing door barely misses your bumper - so much space behind the car!

3) Gets you really familiar with precise backing up

4) Gives the next drive a really easy exit!

F.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.