Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
^ Like DKeane noted, it's push-and-hold.

The first set of beeps is likely to warn nearby pedestrians to clear the vehicle. The second set of longer beeps occur just prior-to/as the gate is moving.

It's been like this on all of my late-model Subarus with self-opening/closing rear gates.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Do you hold the liftgate button on the key fob? Push it? How many times? What’s with all the beeps?
The beeping! Haha! Yes, Subaru's seem to be quite vocal! I was saying to my Outback, just this past week, "must we always attract so much attention?" :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
The beeping! Haha! Yes, Subaru's seem to be quite vocal! I was saying to my Outback, just this past week, "must we always attract so much attention?" :tango_face_wink:
I believe there is a way to deactivate the beeping, but keep the lights flashing, but I don’t have my manual in front of me to verify that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I believe there is a way to deactivate the beeping, but keep the lights flashing, but I don’t have my manual in front of me to verify that.
I turned the beeping off for both the rear gate opening and closing and the doors locking.

The lights still flash.

If i remember correctly its in the settings on the head unit somewhere.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My daughter (also a Subaru owner) & I went cross country skiing this weekend in northern New Hampshire and as we walked through the parking lot it was an endless chirping of that distinctive Subaru liftgate beeping. I would estimate that about 40% of the cars in the lot were some model of a Subaru.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I believe it would be:
1. Grab the back hatch.
2. Push the rubber latch button with your (gloved right now) fingers.
3. Pull the hatch open.

You know, for those of us who didn't get a foo-foo power hatch. ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
I believe it would be:
1. Grab the back hatch.
2. Push the rubber latch button with your (gloved right now) fingers.
3. Pull the hatch open.

You know, for those of us who didn't get a foo-foo power hatch. ;)
They still make them without power?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
We own two subarus, 2016 forester and Ascent, with two different power liftgate technology. On the Forester, I can manually take over and move the liftgate at any position. However, on the Ascent, I can't seem to do the same, it's always power-assist.

I'm starting to park the Ascent in the garage now and it appears that the liftgate (when open) will hit the overhead garage door. Right now, I can't access the cargo area when it's parked in the garage. At this time, I don't want to limit the opening height because that will hit my head.

Any idea?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Memory function for rear gate height

See page 153 in your Ascent manual to learn how to set the memory for your rear gate height.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Back into your garage space.

1) Puts your lift gate behind the end of the opened garage door

2) Opens up space in a otherwise confined garage, if you figure out where to stop backing where the closing door barely misses your bumper - so much space behind the car!

3) Gets you really familiar with precise backing up

4) Gives the next drive a really easy exit!

F.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts