Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had our follow up tech teaching appointment. Finally figured out how to change tire pressure to PSI, switch unlock to all doors, and get weather OFF New York climate. While not earth shattering learning, it was worth the time. Plus I got a free car wash and $25 gas card.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yep, my dealer was going to be $50 gas card. However, they are 2.5 hours away from where we live, so I declined.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
$25 gas card here in Lansing MI and I didn't need the car wash. My consultant was astonished that I had all of techology stuff set up & working the way I wanted it. She changed several settings to what she thought were "better" ones that I later changed back.

Overall a good experience, and I did learn some of the hvac voice commands.

Reactions: Glenda S. McKinney

·
Registered
98 Posts
Had our follow up tech teaching appointment. Finally figured out how to change tire pressure to PSI, switch unlock to all doors, and get weather OFF New York climate. While not earth shattering learning, it was worth the time. Plus I got a free car wash and $25 gas card.

Will you share how to change the tire pressure monitor to PSI? I haven't scheduled my technical training yet, I'm still making a list.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Will you share how to change the tire pressure monitor to PSI? I haven't scheduled my technical training yet, I'm still making a list.
It is in the small display screen in front of your steering wheel.

I didn't know about the voice commands for HVAC. Can you share?

Push the talk button then say "set passenger temperature to 75 degrees" or something to that effect :)

And each dealership zone has a different structure for the concierge gas card. Some areas have $25 and some have $50. We started out at $50 here but then dropped down to $25.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
I didn't know about the voice commands for HVAC. Can you share?
I have yet to find an Ascent specific list of climate control voice commands, the only list I could find was on the Outback forum which may or may not be the same as the Ascent. It was limited to just setting the fan speed, AC and driver or passenger temps by voice.

Since we can set a lot more than that through the remote start app it seems like those could also be voice commands.

Maybe someone with more knowledge on this can chime in.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have yet to find an Ascent specific list of climate control voice commands, the only list I could find was on the Outback forum which may or may not be the same as the Ascent. It was limited to just setting the fan speed, AC and driver or passenger temps by voice.

Since we can set a lot more than that through the remote start app it seems like those could also be voice commands.

Maybe someone with more knowledge on this can chime in.

The Subaru Vehicle Resources page is something that's worth bookmarking. :nerd: https://www.subaru.com/owners/vehicle-resources.html - I like it because it means that I don't have to physically have either the manuals or the Quick Reference Guides in-hand ( yup, I'm a really nerdy RTMFM kind...the rental company upgraded me to an Audi A8 once, and I spent a couple of hours on the first night of our vacation cramming that Gutenberg Bible of an owner's manual in, just so that I could play with all the car's functionalities the next day :D ). And yes, you can even select the vehicle without a VIN, simply by using the pull-down interface to the right.

The following is from the "Ascent SUBARU STARLINK 6.5" Multimedia System, SUBARU STARLINK 8" Multimedia Plus SUBARU STARLINK 8" Multimedia Navigation" "mini-manual"

https://cdn.subarunet.com/stis/doc/ownerManual/MSA5M1924A_STIS.pdf

Start on page 203.

There's a lot of similarities between the Outback Voice Recognition and the Ascent's. If you're familiar with the former, it'll take you no-time to roll with the latter. :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
The Subaru Vehicle Resources page is something that's worth bookmarking. :nerd: https://www.subaru.com/owners/vehicle-resources.html - I like it because it means that I don't have to physically have either the manuals or the Quick Reference Guides in-hand ( yup, I'm a really nerdy RTMFM kind...the rental company upgraded me to an Audi A8 once, and I spent a couple of hours on the first night of our vacation cramming that Gutenberg Bible of an owner's manual in, just so that I could play with all the car's functionalities the next day :D ). And yes, you can even select the vehicle without a VIN, simply by using the pull-down interface to the right.

The following is from the "Ascent SUBARU STARLINK 6.5" Multimedia System, SUBARU STARLINK 8" Multimedia Plus SUBARU STARLINK 8" Multimedia Navigation" "mini-manual"

https://cdn.subarunet.com/stis/doc/ownerManual/MSA5M1924A_STIS.pdf

Start on page 203.

There's a lot of similarities between the Outback Voice Recognition and the Ascent's. If you're familiar with the former, it'll take you no-time to roll with the latter. :tango_face_wink:
Thanks for the link TSIWRX! I downloaded all of the manuals after I got my Ascent but the Starlink manual wasn't there at that time.

Of course the paper version is out in the glove box but it might as well be on Mars when I'm lying on the couch!

Reactions: TSiWRX

·
Registered
672 Posts
It is in the small display screen in front of your steering wheel.
Where? I paged through what seemed like 200 options and never found it.
The following (the main Owners Manual) - https://cdn.subarunet.com/stis/doc/ownerManual/MSA5M1900C_STIS.pdf

Pages 199-201. :nerd::tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
965 Posts
And each dealership zone has a different structure for the concierge gas card. Some areas have $25 and some have $50. We started out at $50 here but then dropped down to $25.
We were like you, started at $50, but now it's $25 for the gas card. But we also code into each deal a $50 certificate to our parts department, so you can get hats, jackets, keychains, or other stuff. Note to everyone that parts certificate is dealership specific - we're the only one in our district doing that, so far as I know.

·
Registered
672 Posts
^ No thanks needed! Just glad to be of-use.... I'm a geeky nerdy RTMFM type, so I am always glad to help! :)

You should see how happy I get when someone asks for a flashlight. Did I mention I am a geeky flashlight collector, too? :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts