Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to roll the dice and purchase the less expensive window deflectors/visors. Wells Visors were $63 shipped from Amazon, in comparison to $150-180 for the Subaru version.
The visors attach with 3M foam adhesive and 2 metal clips on each frame. Like the slight smoke tint color as well. (Note - Front windows have a 50% tint on them.) Attachment seems fine and from 20 feet away, all is good.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle

Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

My only issue being fit is not perfect. The were slightly on the shorter side (better to be shorter than longer) so I split the error and essentially centered each visor on the door.
The angled ends are not exact to the angle of the door and the metal clips limit the up/down adjustability. Overall, they are okay. In my mind, the extra $100 to potentially avoid this by going with Subaru brand is not worth the extra money. Just my 2 cents.

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Hood Grille Motor vehicle Car

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Car

Automotive lighting Grille Automotive tail & brake light Hood Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice photos. Thanks. I am also thinking about getting this. Can you please tell me if this cut down the wind noise when driving with the windows down? When driving with the windows up, does it lower, increase or no change in wind noise. Also does it affect your ability to wash the car either by hand or go to a drive through car wash.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Truth be told, it’s the wife’s car and only has 300 miles on it so far, so not a lot of basis for comparison. With the windows up on the highway, I didn’t notice any change. Haven’t driven it with the windows down yet. Hand wash will be fine, unsure about drive through car wash - I never use those. I have vent visors on my Hyundai Genesis, and it helps to cut down the wind when driving with the windows open. Our impetus for getting these was so the windows can be cracked open during the summer and not have to worry about rain getting in.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had Weather Techs on my 2019. And was floored by the wind noise generated at highway speeds vs when I didn't have any visors installed. I'll probably never get any kind of window visor again no matter how good they look. But these type you have are the better looking I think. (y)

·
Registered
21 Ascent Premium, 18 Outback Ltd 2.5
703 Posts
Nice photos. Thanks. I am also thinking about getting this. Can you please tell me if this cut down the wind noise when driving with the windows down? When driving with the windows up, does it lower, increase or no change in wind noise. Also does it affect your ability to wash the car either by hand or go to a drive through car wash.
I can comment on the OEM version, they did cut down on the wind noise with the windows down. The day I bought my Ascent I noticed the harshness of the wind noise on the highway with the front windows down (didn't catch this on my test drive since it was a rainy day and the windows were up). Having the wind deflectors greatly reduced this noise for me.

On the flip-side, I did not notice a marked increase in highway wind noise with the windows up, but I also don't drive it daily (still WFH for the most part) so it could have gone unnoticed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts