Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Weathertech Mud Flaps on my 19 Premium over the weekend. I wanted something more substantial and didn't really like the Rally Armors had on my Outback. My Ascent came with OEM mud flaps which replace two of the front mouldings needed to install these. I had to order the following trim pieces in order to install them on my Ascent.

Part NumberPart NamePriceQuantityTotal
91112XC03BLower Molding$8.611$8.61
91112XC02BLower Molding$8.611$8.61

Installation took less than 30 mins including the removal of the old ones. I thing they look much better.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice job! They look like they will catch more of the road junk than the OEM ones. Does the mud flap's grey color match the original wheel moulding color? I wasn't sure if you had a dressing applied on your mouldings? So far I haven't experienced too much of a kickback from the road junk.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice job! They look like they will catch more of the road junk than the OEM ones. Does the mud flap's grey color match the original wheel moulding color? I wasn't sure if you had a dressing applied on your mouldings? So far I haven't experienced too much of a kickback from the road junk.
Thanks, they are a textured black finish. No dressing applied.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Those WeatherTech mud flaps look great. How flexible are they? You think they might cause any issue getting caught by rocks when going offroad? Not that I am planning on taking the Ascent rock crawling

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those WeatherTech mud flaps look great. How flexible are they? You think they might cause any issue getting caught by rocks when going offroad? Not that I am planning on taking the Ascent rock crawling
They are rigid and have 0 flex to them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those are really nice, I agree. I bought both front and back pairs. Back pair installed with no issues - just removed the original. However, front pair has an issue. Since I have original splash guards installed (this is an option I ordered with the vehicle), I can't install front directly on top of them. Ascent has 2 parts for splash guard area - one WITHOUT splash guard, one WITH splash guard. Vehicle on the picture had no splash guard option. That's why WeahterTech mud flap can be easily installed. In my case I'd need to replace original part WITH splash guard with the part WITHOUT splash guard in order to install WeatherTech mud flaps. Otherwise, if you just remove original part WITH splash guard there will be a gap between mud flab and the door. So far I wasn't able to find a part WITHOUT splash guard.

One more thing. When you install WeatherTech mud flap on the back, the clip they provide is too short (not the screws). I had to buy extra clips of the same diameter but bigger length to fix 3rd point of the flap.

UPDATE: I apologize, I think I just misread the original post. Those molding is what I was looking for! Thank you!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your kit should have come with 3 bags of clips. 2 bags contain the short clips one contains the long ones for the rear. I initially made the mistake and used one long one on the front and had to remove it and put it on the rear. The part numbers are on the bags and the instructions. I'll get them when I'm not at work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Btw, Off topic. Where did you purchase thos Black Rims? Are they 20inches? Cost ?

I installed Weathertech Mud Flaps on my 19 Premium over the weekend. I wanted something more substantial and didn't really like the Rally Armors had on my Outback. My Ascent came with OEM mud flaps which replace two of the front mouldings needed to install these. I had to order the following trim pieces in order to install them on my Ascent.

Part NumberPart NamePriceQuantityTotal
91112XC03BLower Molding$8.611$8.61
91112XC02BLower Molding$8.611$8.61

Installation took less than 30 mins including the removal of the old ones. I thing they look much better.

View attachment 2242 View attachment 2243 View attachment 2244 View attachment 2245

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have link to purchase these? I am seeing https://www.weathertech.com/subaru/2019/ascent/mudflap-no-drill-digitalfit/ as 80$ total cost.
Thats the correct cost for the mud flaps although you can get them on ebay cheaper once you factor in the shipping costs. The $8.61 lower moldings were needed to install them on my premium that had factory mud flaps were from SubaruSource.com.

The wheels are 18" from Discount tire. They have 20s as well. They start at $155 each and have a 1800 lb load capacity. I wanted something different than the KMC Bullys that everyone has.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts