Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have not tried this. Curious how often you would use the entire kit? Are you wanting it for privacy or heat deflection? I tinted all my windows (except windshield) with 3M Crystalline film which blocks a bunch of heat - I've been very pleased with it. I haven't tried the Weathertech front cover. I had a "Heatshield" (see link below) front cover for my Outback and am planning on buying another from them for my Ascent. They roll up and are much lighter to move around than the Subaru OEM one. The OEM one is effective but unwieldy to move. Heatshield also has a full body coverage.

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/car-window-shades/2019-subaru-ascent-suv

·
Registered
46 Posts
Agree with the others. I don't see myself installing the entire kit very often, if at all.

A windshield sunshade + ceramic tint on all the side and rear windows works well for us.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bought a set last week direct from WeatherTech - I agree that I won't be installing all SIX sunscreens often, but I have used the windshield and side screens (the side facing the sun). Useful for outing where the car will be parked most of the day.

Installed all six of the screens and it's dark inside, even at high noon.

One of the things that surprised me was how they stayed in place without magnets and the fact that they can be reversed during winter to warm the inside of the car (but then again, why put them up during winter?).

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone bought the weathertech full vehicle kit sunshade. Summer is coming soon and I am thinking of buying one. I didn’t buy the OEM windshield sunshade.

Would appreciate any feedback with regard to the kit. Thanks…

https://www.weathertech.com/subaru/2019/ascent/sunshade/
I think you're on a right path in choosing to protect your interior (caused by UV rays) and lower the discomfort when entering the vehicle.

I use a generic windshield shade that I got from walmart (not stiff enough). It doesn't fit well but it works well to bounce/block out vast majority of the harmful UV rays. If you don't have window tints that block UV rays (radiation waves), then the side shades are necessary.

Ideally, we should use that shade kit to prevent as much sunlight from coming in as possible, but I think it's naively optimistic. I believe the most practical way is to get the fitted windshield shade (OEM or WT) and tint your car.

If you have any questions about tints (e.g. normal, mirror, ceramic), let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.