Subaru Ascent Forum banner

161 - 180 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Scooby - just to confirm those Huskys are the X-act contour, not the weatberbeaters, correct? I wonder if the weatherbeaters fit better in the front. I’ll get mine once I find a sale.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Scooby - just to confirm those Huskys are the X-act contour, not the weatberbeaters, correct? I wonder if the weatherbeaters fit better in the front. I’ll get mine once I find a sale.

Confirmed, I got the X-act Contours.

Unfortunately, I would assume they used the same molds for the weatherbeaters as well.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I've never heard of this company, but their front mats look to have better coverage than the more well-known options.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've never heard of this company, but their front mats look to have better coverage than the more well-known options.

I think you are being diplomatic. It looks like these have the proper fit that both the Weathertech's and the Husky's strangely don't.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've just ordered weatherbeaters from Amazon for 153.96 $ which should be 14% off. It says though they'll be shipped between Aug 9 and Aug 19 but I don't mind the wait.

·
Super Moderator
6,533 Posts

I ordered a set, which gets here before my trip, so, I will let everyone know how they work.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,528 Posts
Those fronts don't look like they are actually designed for the Ascent...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Anybody know why Maxliner doesnt have them for the 2nd row? Thats disappointing about the Husky’s - I have them in my Durango and they fit great. Not sure Ill get them now.

·
Registered
220 Posts
It looks like the Husky's copied the mold of the WeatherTechs as opposed to measuring an Ascent. They both fail the custom fit test in the same way. I would not buy either. I look forward to seeing Roberts Maxliners. If they fit as well as in their pictures, I think he will be happy and that the company will earn a lot more business. As an aside, I sent Weathertech an email about a week ago with a picture of their fitment in the Ascent. I asked whether they knew that they did not meet their usual high standard in this application and asked whether they would be re-measuring and producing a better fitting mat. So far, no reply. If they ever do, I will post it here. In the meantime, buy for functionality, not for brand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It looks like the Husky's copied the mold of the WeatherTechs as opposed to measuring an Ascent. They both fail the custom fit test in the same way. I would not buy either. I look forward to seeing Roberts Maxliners. If they fit as well as in their pictures, I think he will be happy and that the company will earn a lot more business. As an aside, I sent Weathertech an email about a week ago with a picture of their fitment in the Ascent. I asked whether they knew that they did not meet their usual high standard in this application and asked whether they would be re-measuring and producing a better fitting mat. So far, no reply. If they ever do, I will post it here. In the meantime, buy for functionality, not for brand.
I called WeatherTech today to ask why they are not showing any mats for 2020 Ascents (only 2019s) and was told "they are not available yet". I wonder if that means they are redesigning them to fit better.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I called WeatherTech today to ask why they are not showing any mats for 2020 Ascents (only 2019s) and was told "they are not available yet". I wonder if that means they are redesigning them to fit better.
Wow! They were online and for sale a week ago when I sent them my email with an attached picture and asked them to forward the picture to management.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Talked to WeatherTech customer service again today about when floor liners for 2020 Ascent might be available. He couldn't tell me. Because it is a new model year, they will not put them on the website until they have measured and whatever else they do. Then when I said I might buy the 2019s liners, since it seems the two model years are the same floor layout, he thoughtfully warned me that putting 2019s in a 2020 would void the warranty. I don't want to do that yet it could be months before 2020s are available. Anyone have experience with the durability of the Maxiliners?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Talked to WeatherTech customer service again today about when floor liners for 2020 Ascent might be available. He couldn't tell me. Because it is a new model year, they will not put them on the website until they have measured and whatever else they do. Then when I said I might buy the 2019s liners, since it seems the two model years are the same floor layout, he thoughtfully warned me that putting 2019s in a 2020 would void the warranty. I don't want to do that yet it could be months before 2020s are available. Anyone have experience with the durability of the Maxiliners?
Robert Mauro has ordered them if I am not mistaken and will use them on his big trip, which may have started already.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I contacted Husky to express my disappointment with their product and these are the answers they gave me :
"Based on many years of liner design and manufacture, we know that persons entering vehicles in which the bottom of the floor is recessed below the sill plate height tend to drag their feet across the sill plate—and a liner at this height will be deflected inward and possibly become a trip hazard. The liner in the Ascent stops just short of the sill plate height." This is from their design engineer.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I contacted Husky to express my disappointment with their product and these are the answers they gave me :
"Based on many years of liner design and manufacture, we know that persons entering vehicles in which the bottom of the floor is recessed below the sill plate height tend to drag their feet across the sill plate—and a liner at this height will be deflected inward and possibly become a trip hazard. The liner in the Ascent stops just short of the sill plate height." This is from their design engineer.
Based on their answer, their other liners should be designed exactly the same way? And their own photos show that they are not...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Since I had nothing better to do with $89, I ordered the Maxliners this past week to replace the OEM ones. Should arrive 8/12 or so. Will post pics once they come in.

161 - 180 of 209 Posts