Subaru Ascent Forum banner

201 - 209 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
My only complaint with the Weather Tech liners is the 2nd row to 3rd row "connection" of the mats. There is a small gap that seems to be right in between the captain chairs. We have two young kids in the chairs so I just imagine that the gap will be a trap for food and other things. Has anyone done anything to cover up this gap and make it like one solid piece, similar to the pictures of one of the other mat brands posted above? I emailed Weather tech to ask for advice / options but they weren't able to suggest anything.
No great answer. Teach the kids to eat with a stretched out pinky. Plan on a regular cleanup with some frequency depending on their auto eating habits, provide them with a trash receptacle and enjoy the ride. Or use a large bib :LOL:

I was lucky with my kid when he was young. He really was never messy at the table or in the vehicles. He somewhat has made up for it in his room as a teen.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Train your toddler (or dog) by occasionally putting a treat there and pointing it out. He/she will soon learn to check that area and scarf up errant Fruit Loops, chip/cookie fragments, etc.. Any associated dirt and pathogens consumed will only increase their immune system robustness and help forestall developing asthma and allergies.

·
Registered
641 Posts
WeatherTech s arrive tomorrow. My Option 21 Ltd came with weather mats, but I don’t like the lack of coverage. I’ll post feedback here once I get ‘em.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Got 'em installed. The coverage of the Weathertechs is far superior to the Subaru Weather Mats, as expected.
If only Weathertech would quit using that stupid stick-on logo of theirs that always comes off in a few months.
highly recommend the Weathertechs.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Don’t know why any of these companies don’t make it slide under the door sill to keep it down, and add a small lip to it to keep fluids in the mat

·
Registered
641 Posts
WeatherTechs doing great after a few months. They look 5 years old though, lol.
Not sure what rubber/plastic they use, but it looks like absolute crap pretty immediately and is pretty much permanently an ugly, dirty, stained brown. I’ve scrubbed and power washed and worked over Weathertech mats and they can never return to the new black color again, ever.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got my set of Maxliners for the front and installed them yesterday. I’ve never liked how the thin carpet beneath the gas pedal shows wear. The Maxliners definitely solve that problem. The driver’s may fits better than the front passenger mat. The passenger side seems to bunch up a bit in the middle on the door side and isn’t as flush as the driver’s side mat. I prefer the look and feel of the carpeted mats though, so I installed the Subaru OEM carpeted mats on top. I had to add a strip of adhesive backed Velcro on the passenger mat to keep it from sliding around. The two posts on the driver’s side keep the driver’s mat in place. The below photos show just how much more coverage the Maxliners provide over the OEM.

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
I got my set of Maxliners for the front and installed them yesterday. I’ve never liked how the thin carpet beneath the gas pedal shows wear. The Maxliners definitely solve that problem. The driver’s may fits better than the front passenger mat. The passenger side seems to bunch up a bit in the middle on the door side and isn’t as flush as the driver’s side mat. I prefer the look and feel of the carpeted mats though, so I installed the Subaru OEM carpeted mats on top. I had to add a strip of adhesive backed Velcro on the passenger mat to keep it from sliding around. The two posts on the driver’s side keep the driver’s mat in place. The below photos show just how much more coverage the Maxliners provide over the OEM.

View attachment 3608 View attachment 3609
Wow, that's a classy look. I may dig out my original mats and do the same. Thanks for sharing the idea!

201 - 209 of 209 Posts