Subaru Ascent Forum banner

181 - 200 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Since I had nothing better to do with $89, I ordered the Maxliners this past week to replace the OEM ones. Should arrive 8/12 or so. Will post pics once they come in.
Just came today. Quick before, vacuum, and after pics. Now maybe it is time to order the 2nd/3rd row. I like how these liners cover the carpet on the edge which is where my foot sometimes rest. I didn't try to get a perfect fit, but much better improvement over OEM!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Just came today. Quick before, vacuum, and after pics. Now maybe it is time to order the 2nd/3rd row. I like how these liners cover the carpet on the edge which is where my foot sometimes rest. I didn't try to get a perfect fit, but much better improvement over OEM!
View attachment 1137
View attachment 1138
View attachment 1139
I didn't even know they made mats for the 2nd/3rd rows. I don't think they did at the time I originalyl posted them, but I just looked and there they were!

Can you please comment on the feel of the mats? I'm familiar with the Subaru all-weather mats, so are they more rubbery, more plasticky, etc.?

I like how the 2nd and 3rd row are one piece. I might actually order this set.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is why I ordered the weathertech as well, just the first row so far. But they cover much more of the carpeted area than the OEM all weathers. Haven’t decided on the second row yet. However, I was disappointed in the behind 2nd row cargo mat, and will be returning it.

·
Registered
865 Posts
We've got another contender - Tuxmat. I just stumbled upon this.

Edit: Here's an installation in an Outback.

·
Super Moderator
6,533 Posts
Do you think it would be slippery when wet? Vs the grippy rubber mats
Not really. That was one of my concerns, but mine fare pretty well when wet. Slipperier? Yes. Truly slippery? No.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Isn't the Ascent cargo tray just for the very back portion behind the third row of seats? Then the seat back protectors are for the third row folded down. I don't know if there are any back protectors for the second row - whether bench or captains chairs.
Correct...Subaru's tray is only for the small area behind 3rd row.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I was waiting for the Husky X-act liner ($130) but caved in and bought the Maxliner ($85) for front.

The Xact supposed to be thick and rubbery feel

·
Registered
178 Posts
How do you guys like the maxliners? Man I wish the husky xacts fit better in the front as I think Id prefer the more rubbery material.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I picked up all 3 rows of weather tech for our new 2020 ascent with captain chairs and they are great except for the area where the walkway between the 2nd row captain chairs ends and the 2nd row and 3rd row floor liners meet. There seems to be a small gap that if food is dropped could get into. Anyone with weather tech liners do anything about this? I suppose one could get some rubber liner and bridge the gap with Velcro or something else. Pic attached.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordering 2020 Subaru Ascent Premier WeatherTech mats for $375 Canadian (281 American) cash price. Anyone have thoughts on which of one of the 3 color options available looks nicest?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any updates on the Maxliners? Coverage is my biggest priority, but I also don't want the kids, wife, and dog slipping around on wet plastic liners. How slippery do they get? My previous Weathertechs were really nice but would get slippery as boots transferred the oily residue from wet parking lots into the car. I'm a little concerned that the Maxliners sound more plasticy. I do really like that the 2nd and 3rd row are one piece.

I'm mad Husky didn't think it was necessary to make a 3rd row liner, or a cargo liner. I was sold on Huskys because the Weathertechs in both our current cars move a lot. Not 100% sold on the Weathertechs, but at the end of the day I know they're better than OEM or cut-to-fit liners.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My only complaint with the Weather Tech liners is the 2nd row to 3rd row "connection" of the mats. There is a small gap that seems to be right in between the captain chairs. We have two young kids in the chairs so I just imagine that the gap will be a trap for food and other things. Has anyone done anything to cover up this gap and make it like one solid piece, similar to the pictures of one of the other mat brands posted above? I emailed Weather tech to ask for advice / options but they weren't able to suggest anything.

181 - 200 of 209 Posts