Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going back and forth on the All Weather Liners. I may prefer the WeatherTech, but does anyone know if they would be available immediately given that it is a new model car for Subaru. I do want some sort of floor mat/liner right away.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am going back and forth on the All Weather Liners. I may prefer the WeatherTech, but does anyone know if they would be available immediately given that it is a new model car for Subaru. I do want some sort of floor mat/liner right away.

Thanks!!
Probably not immediately as they need an Ascent to laser measure. I’m waiting for WeatherTech because it’s really dry here in the summer so I won’t really need the liners until fall. If you go on WeatherTech’s website you can sign up to be notified when they’re available.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably not immediately as they need an Ascent to laser measure. I’m waiting for WeatherTech because it’s really dry here in the summer so I won’t really need the liners until fall. If you go on WeatherTech’s website you can sign up to be notified when they’re available.
Thanks so much. I just signed up on the Weathertech website. Unfortunately, I may have to purchase the Subaru ones because I don't trust my 3 and 7 year old to keep the 2nd row clean in the interim.

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
I decided to get the Subaru ones. I've heard their new mats are pretty decent. I've seen a pair in an Outback and liked them at least as much as the Weathertecs in my Outback. They actually seemed to fit better than mine.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I had OEM all weather mats on 2005 outback and I have oem mats on 2016 forester. It seems forester mats are thinner then outback. outback mats lasted 11 years pretty much, until car was sold. Forster mats also leave gaps around.

I did order all weather mats did Ascent though.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I decided to get the Subaru ones. I've heard their new mats are pretty decent. I've seen a pair in an Outback and liked them at least as much as the Weathertecs in my Outback. They actually seemed to fit better than mine.
I put in to get the ones from Subaru as I couldn't wait either as we might get the car before a beach trip and want the mats to contain the sand.

I also heard the new mats are closer to weathertec liners than the older mats that were pretty flat. Either way I figure I can at least use the Subaru mats for a few years or buy a set of weathertec or husky mats for the winter.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Back in 2012, we bought a slightly used 10-month old 2012 Volvo S60 and Weathertech did not yet have mats for it. They did a few months later after I put my e-mail in requesting them. I don't know if their speed in producing mats for new cars has increased since then.

For the Ascent, I just ordered the all weather liners because a dealer on this website (Carl) claims that they are similar to Weathertech now. After purchasing weathertech items for a long time now, while I like their products, I'm pretty sure when they do come out with Ascent mats, they will be more expensive than the Subaru ones. So might as well get the Subaru ones, as we won't have to wait many months, they are more economical and they are similar to the Weathertech mats now, anyway.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Back in 2012, we bought a slightly used 10-month old 2012 Volvo S60 and Weathertech did not yet have mats for it. They did a few months later after I put my e-mail in requesting them. I don't know if their speed in producing mats for new cars has increased since then.

For the Ascent, I just ordered the all weather liners because a dealer on this website (Carl) claims that they are similar to Weathertech now. After purchasing weathertech items for a long time now, while I like their products, I'm pretty sure when they do come out with Ascent mats, they will be more expensive than the Subaru ones. So might as well get the Subaru ones, as we won't have to wait many months, they are more economical and they are similar to the Weathertech mats now, anyway.
As of right now my plan is to check out the Ascent mats in person when they start arriving in dealers and make a decision from there as they are so much more economical. The WeatherTech for my husbands Kia Soul was almost $200 and if I remember correctly when I looked at the ones for the VW Atlas they were over $300

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of your feedback!! Glad to hear the Subaru ones might be pretty comparable to the WeatherTech ones.

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
So, from the description, it seems they've addressed the lack of depth of their earlier ones. This is from the Accessories section on the Ascent page:

"Custom-fitted, high wall design floor liners help protect the vehicle carpet from sand, dirt and moisture.
Not intended for use on top of Carpeted Floor Mats."

·
Registered
357 Posts
We went with the liners in out Ascent, after looking at them in an outback seem to be super nice and the price is spot on IMO.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I am going back and forth on the All Weather Liners.
We made a running change on the 2018 Outback from All Weather Mats to All Weather Liners. They are a lot nicer for holding ... stuff. What we've been told is that the Ascent will have Liners similar to these now, so there's actually not a need for an aftermarket replacement.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Good to know. I didn't order them because I wanted some with the lip. I still have new regular and all-weather mats for my 2015 Outback - replaced those immediately. Between snow and desert camping, it's nicer to have things more "contained".

·
Registered
274 Posts
Will the Ascent have a liner that will cover the entire floor space when the 3rd row is folded down?
There is an accessory that you can get called a "rear seat back protector". When that 3rd row is folded down, my strong guess is that the "rear seat back protector" doubles as a floor liner. Look at the outback as an example:

https://www.subarupartssuperstore.com/p/Subaru__Outback/Rear-Seat-Back-Protector/49927039/J501SAJ600.html?partner=googlebase_adwords_accessories_color_make_model&kwd=&origin=pla&gclid=CjwKCAjwhcjVBRBHEiwAoDe5x4Lu-XqSWdAD9Hse0Tnj1CL0FYbou9Nkd4rR2ehBgo4i38j6z_ubABoCHPQQAvD_BwE

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is an accessory that you can get called a "rear seat back protector". When that 3rd row is folded down, my strong guess is that the "rear seat back protector" doubles as a floor liner. Look at the outback as an example:

https://www.subarupartssuperstore.com/p/Subaru__Outback/Rear-Seat-Back-Protector/49927039/J501SAJ600.html?partner=googlebase_adwords_accessories_color_make_model&kwd=&origin=pla&gclid=CjwKCAjwhcjVBRBHEiwAoDe5x4Lu-XqSWdAD9Hse0Tnj1CL0FYbou9Nkd4rR2ehBgo4i38j6z_ubABoCHPQQAvD_BwE

I saw the option of the "rear seat back protector" in the outback at the dealership, but do not like that, it does not give you a single floor space.

I am hoping weathertech might have a solution for the Ascent in case Subaru does not offer something like this.
http://assets.weathertech.com/assets/1/7/713x535/TOYO_Highlander_15_40692.jpg

·
Registered
186 Posts
I saw the option of the "rear seat back protector" in the outback at the dealership, but do not like that, it does not give you a single floor space.

I am hoping weathertech might have a solution for the Ascent in case Subaru does not offer something like this.
http://assets.weathertech.com/assets/1/7/713x535/TOYO_Highlander_15_40692.jpg
Subaru offers an accessory similar to what you are describing with the Weathertech offering - it is called "Cargo Tray". The "Cargo Tray" combined with the "Rear Seat Back Protector" gives you a fully protected cargo area when the rear seat is folded down. We have both on our Forester, and it makes the cargo area very useful for hauling many things.

See the Outback "Cargo Tray" here: https://parts.subaru.com/p/Cargo-Tray/60246454/J501SAL500.html

·
Registered
168 Posts
We have the cargo tray in our '16 Outback and it's terrific, but one of the things I can't stand is having to frequently remove accessories from my vehicle. I have a cargo cover for our 2012 CR-V that never gets any use, so it sits in the corner of my garage collecting dust. In the case for the Ascent, I foresee frequent use of the third row and that's the reason why I'll be probably stay away from the tray.

I also wondered if a tray for just the cargo area behind the third row would be available. Probably not a Subaru product, but third party. I might be in the market for that item.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Isn't the Ascent cargo tray just for the very back portion behind the third row of seats? Then the seat back protectors are for the third row folded down. I don't know if there are any back protectors for the second row - whether bench or captains chairs.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts