Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
So, I have had weathertech cargo liners before. Nice fit.
i ordered one for the rear with 3rd row flat. I dont like the OEM parts- we do muddy, wet, icy things and I want a full cover, no gaps.
the liner arrives: not really fitting. Flap on the edit: right,( not left) rear over stereo component. I am supposed to cut it?? Then the lip is not as high??
i am super disappointed.
anyone else have suggestions or comments on this? Trying to decide if i will send it back :-(
But if there are no alternatives ...
I had the same problem with my 2020 Ascent. when I called Weather tech, they said I wouuld have to trim the extra piece off. I cut the cargo liner just pat the rib on the right side so I had a lip like teh rest of teh liner. It fits pretty good like that.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I had the same problem and cut them to fit and lay flat.
Weathertech should address the issue directly if not only to state to prospective buyers that this exists and how to deal with it. they certainly should not ignore it. In doing so they throw invested reputation development out the window. I have all of their liners but I am not happy hearing how they handle it. Customers' concerns should not be ignored.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent Touring
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, given the lack of alternatives at this time, I trimmed it. I hate how it looks and how it came out. I am pissed. They have lost a long time customer...

Reactions: packout

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Well, given the lack of alternatives at this time, I trimmed it. I hate how it looks and how it came out. I am pissed. They have lost a long time customer...
I have my tools in the back so it really did not matter to me, but if it did, I would be on the phone with the top executive asking for an explanation and a solution. They either want us as customers for custom fit liners or they do not. I strongly suspect the image they posted was purposefully staged so as to not show that side fit problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So, I have had weathertech cargo liners before. Nice fit.
i ordered one for the rear with 3rd row flat. I dont like the OEM parts- we do muddy, wet, icy things and I want a full cover, no gaps.
the liner arrives: not really fitting. Flap on the edit: right,( not left) rear over stereo component. I am supposed to cut it?? Then the lip is not as high??
i am super disappointed.
anyone else have suggestions or comments on this? Trying to decide if i will send it back :-(
But if there are no alternatives ...
I had a similar problem with the Weather Tech liner that goes behind the 3rd row seat. Since I have the subwoofer, I did trim the liner so the full lip remained. It's not a perfect fit, maybe 1/8-1/4 inch off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
When WeatherTech first started out they had top notch products. Internet now full of poor fits and company not responding to complaints. Mats were terrible in my Suburban and just got worse as they aged.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts