Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent Touring
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I have had weathertech cargo liners before. Nice fit.
i ordered one for the rear with 3rd row flat. I dont like the OEM parts- we do muddy, wet, icy things and I want a full cover, no gaps.
the liner arrives: not really fitting. Flap on the edit: right,( not left) rear over stereo component. I am supposed to cut it?? Then the lip is not as high??
i am super disappointed.
anyone else have suggestions or comments on this? Trying to decide if i will send it back :-(
But if there are no alternatives ...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can post in a few days. My new baby and I are separated for a few days LOL

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
2,830 Posts
Slightly overlapping the subwoofer isn't going to affect the entertainment system sound because of how low frequencies work. That said, a poor fit is a poor fit and I'd be "not happy" about this, too. I actually thought about getting this product instead of the OEM protectors, but did occasionally find a use for one or both third row seats to come up for a rare passenger, but more often to help contain some smaller piece of cargo.

·
Registered
204 Posts
i ordered one for the rear with 3rd row flat. I dont like the OEM parts- we do muddy, wet, icy things and I want a full cover, no gaps.
the liner arrives: not really fitting. Flap on the left over stereo component. I am supposed to cut it?? Then the lip is not as high??
i am super disappointed.
anyone else have suggestions or comments on this? Trying to decide if i will send it back :-(
Apparently this is an issue with most (if not all) of the third party third row floor covers. If you look through the reviews of maxliner, weather tech, and husky, there are a lot of complaints with the second and third row covers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tuxmats I’m going with..
better coverage than all the others but more $$$
I’m not getting the cargo mat.. just the 3row/captain chair style..

·
Administrator
410 Posts
IMHO, weather tech liners, especially the rears are utter garbage.

The fronts do just 'OK' for SoCal weather. It captures 80% of the dirt I bring in. However, a lot of debris is missed and go elsewhere in the cabin.

If I lived anywhere else I would have purchased another brand.

The rear sets are prone to curling. Especially in warm weather environments... Even more so when hot outside and minions step on them.
Plus they slide around and won't stay put.

My next vehicle will not have any weather tech products in it.

*Please note this review is for a `13 Forester XT....

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
2,830 Posts
Keep in mind that the OP appears to be talking about the Weathertech cargo liner that is the larger version and covers both the back and the third row. But it does appear that folks have had fit issues with floor liners based on the conversation so far.

Reactions: rockthebeef

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, if I trim the the liner, the lip is gone in spots and would not hold a leak...
this is not "custom"... just saying.

3A3103D9-76AD-4194-916F-26945C81E353.jpeg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Keep in mind that the OP appears to be talking about the Weathertech cargo liner that is the larger version and covers both the back and the third row. But it does appear that folks have had fit issues with floor liners based on the conversation so far.

ya know, they conveniently left out the right side....

Reactions: packout

·
Registered
5 Posts
the liner arrives: not really fitting. Flap on the edit: right,( not left) rear over stereo component. I am supposed to cut it?? Then the lip is not as high??
i am super disappointed.
i am super disappointed.
I contacted Weathertech with pictures for
the same issue. I never heard a word from them. There is another company that sells a better liner but they are only in Canada.

·
Registered
204 Posts
While I will agree that the third row WeatherTech liners look like crap, you can't really blame them. With Subaru putting the speakers there, they really need to watch it for them to be able to still have a lift on the liner and not cover the bottom part of the speaker

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is that speaker only there on models with upgraded audio systems?
Yeah, it’s the upgraded one. Mine is a Touring.
Subaru neglected to make a liner for the third row down, and seat back covers leave a lot of unprotected areas.
we put a lot of mud, dirt, snow and ice in the trunk, third row flat (no option to not have a third row :-/).

I believe I could have found a cut to fit liner for less $$. I am not happy. But I don’t think there is a better option...
:cautious:

·
Registered
965 Posts
The Canvasback liner made for the Ascent is really nice, but probably not great for big spills.

But maybe something like this would let you throw all sorts of wet/dirty items in the back without too much worry. Even if this covers up the 'subwoofer' it should not affect the sound to any appreciable degree. I might pick one of these up but I have a very large thick black blanket that I store under the rear floor that works for my needs.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
671 Posts
I might pick one of these up but I have a very large thick black blanket that I store under the rear floor that works for my needs.
We do as well. An inexpensive moving blanket (such as from Home Depot, Harbor Freight, etc.) works great in the back of an SUV. It won't necessarily contain a large liquid spill, but it's easy to shake out after a bout with muddy boots or a dirty dog...and even able to be laundered if needed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts