Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving tonight and a severe thunderstorm warning was issued from 6:15 pm to 10:15 pm. I had the radio on and was speaking on the phone via bluetooth. My navi screen turned red and displayed the severe thunderstorm warning every 5 minutes. It became very annoying after the first 2 times. Any way to disable this after receiving the initial warning?

·
Registered
20 Posts
We had the same issue! I get it, there is a thunderstorm, but it was nowhere near us, and I am not going to pull off the road for cover. I went through all the settings and can't find a way to disable yet. If anyone finds a way please post it!

·
Administrator
12,501 Posts
Weird. I've only gotten weather warnings once each. It's possible that the NWS revised and re-issued the warning?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Another for the repeated warnings. And they were all similar. It did get old quite quickly.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I believe it's the trial SXM Weather package.

I've had the SiriusXM Traffic and Travel for many years over several vehicles - currently on 2015 Outback and have never received such an alert. In fact, they don't even have a "Weather Package" -- unless they do and are not telling me about it because it's not "Compatible". I do have Weather on my Infotainment but it's not from Sirius XM. My Outback does not have Starlink.

·
Registered
36 Posts
We have monsoon storms in Arizona almost daily this time of year, and my two-hour drive to Flagstaff was less than pleasurable because of this :(

·
Registered
235 Posts
We received this alert multiple times when the Tropical Storm swung past Naples, FL on Monday. We don't have SiriusXM yet, so I don't think it's tied to that.

·
Administrator
12,501 Posts
All Ascents are delivered with SiriusXM, traffic and weather

We received this alert multiple times when the Tropical Storm swung past Naples, FL on Monday. We don't have SiriusXM yet, so I don't think it's tied to that.
If you have an Ascent, you have SiriusXM for four months for free, courtesy of Subaru, full package. You also have Traffic and Weather for 3 years, for free, courtesy of Subaru. You will also get a 1 year renewal offer for SiriusXM as soon as you create your account and link it to the car that's steeply discounted.

What other Subaru owners got varies.

·
Registered
235 Posts
So, I guess it was automatically started when we purchased the car because now I have an email from SiriusXM asking me to confirm my email address. Which I have since done. Unfortunately, in reviewing the SiriusXM website, the Subaru Ascent still isn't listed as on of the vehicles to select. Hopefully, they update it sooner rather than later.

·
Administrator
12,501 Posts
So, I guess it was automatically started when we purchased the car because now I have an email from SiriusXM asking me to confirm my email address. Which I have since done. Unfortunately, in reviewing the SiriusXM website, the Subaru Ascent still isn't listed as on of the vehicles to select. Hopefully, they update it sooner rather than later.
Doesn't matter. Look for another email from them, sign in from there, or use the link in MySubaru... the vehicle information should populate. Otherwise, you can get the info from the head unit and put it into the Sirius website.

After that's done, or it recognizes your car and adds it to your profile, you will get the steeply discounted 1 year renewal offer (won't bill until after the trial).

·
Registered
235 Posts
Doesn't matter. Look for another email from them, sign in from there, or use the link in MySubaru... the vehicle information should populate. Otherwise, you can get the info from the head unit and put it into the Sirius website.

After that's done, or it recognizes your car and adds it to your profile, you will get the steeply discounted 1 year renewal offer (won't bill until after the trial).

Ok, will do! Thanks Robert!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue with my Subaru Ascent, and after researching all over the internet, without any resolution, I called Subaru and SirusXM to see if anything could be done to resolve this problem. Well, it turns out there is nothing that we can do at the moment to stop these annoying alerts. What we CAN do, is call Subaru customer service and report this issue, so maybe they can do something in the next system update. What I was told by the customer service representative is that if enough of us call in to report this, it will increase the likelihood of them actually looking into it. As a Subaru owner, I feel like we are a family, so let's put our forces together and make this happen. I did all that I could, now I can only hope you all do the same.
Please be safe out there and have a great day!

·
Administrator
12,501 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
I'd reach out to SiriusXM, since they're apparently the ones sending out the alerts.
ahhh. SiriusXM strikes again. They're persistent buggers!
Maybe the problem isn't with the alerts, it's with the hurricane itself. Maybe dropping a nuke on it would help? ?

Seriously though try reaching out both to Subaru, because they're the ones incorporating the alerts from Sirius, and to SiriusXM separately. Thankfully I'm not boujee enough them there fancy alerts ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, same here. Dorian went thru. We are in Raleigh, NC. How about a Factory Reset? Will that work?
Hi, same here. Dorian went thru. We are in Raleigh, NC. How about a Factory Reset? Will that work?
My "Tropical Storm Warning" finally disappeared yesterday, 3 days after Dorian left us.
My "Tropical Storm Warning" finally disappeared yesterday, 3 days after Dorian left us.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.