Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Manual says to change destination in navigation but did not purchase navigation option. Seems there should be a way have weather gather local info where vehicle is located at.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
803 Posts
Manual says to change destination in navigation but did not purchase navigation option. Seems there should be a way have weather gather local info where vehicle is located at.
You can fix this by going to Home>Apps>Travel Link app, then tap the Weather button on the bottom right, then tap the Locations button on the upper right. Select Current Location and you will be good to go. If you put in your city it may or may not work depending on your software version, it currently doesn't work in my 8" with Nav unit with the latest software update. But Current Location works.

You can get the 3hr or 6hr forecast as an option on your Favorites screen in the color Multi Function Display.

Hope this helps.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
What @GaryInMI said.

And, like him, my multi display only works if I only have "Current Location" and no city selected.

Since "Current Location" coincidentally happens to be where I usually am, I am ok with that... just wish figuring it out didn't take a few of us a couple weeks of trial and error. ??

Short version is, removing the default (NY) and then leaving only "Current Location" is probably the best option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can fix this by going to Home>Apps>Travel Link app, then tap the Weather button on the bottom right, then tap the Locations button on the upper right. Select Current Location and you will be good to go. If you put in your city it may or may not work depending on your software version, it currently doesn't work in my 8" with Nav unit with the latest software update. But Current Location works.

You can get the 3hr or 6hr forecast as an option on your Favorites screen in the color Multi Function Display.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply was monkeying around the travel link app and found what you were referring to and was able to change. Now just trying to figure out how to swap out the 20" wheels and get some 18" wheels for a better ride.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Thanks for the reply was monkeying around the travel link app and found what you were referring to and was able to change. Now just trying to figure out how to swap out the 20" wheels and get some 18" wheels for a better ride.
I can help with that one... here's all the specs you need to match to downsize to stock 18":

18" OEM SPECS:
Tire size: 245/60R18 105H @ 35psi
--- Rated at 2039 pounds
Wheel size: 18 x 7½ J
Inset: 55 (2.17)
P.C.D.: 114.3 (4.5)
682 revolutions per mile

Please note that tire psi increases from 32 or 33 psi to 35 psi to handle the larger sidewalls.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can help with that one... here's all the specs you need to match to downsize to stock 18":

18" OEM SPECS:
Tire size: 245/60R18 105H @ 35psi
--- Rated at 2039 pounds
Wheel size: 18 x 7½ J
Inset: 55 (2.17)
P.C.D.: 114.3 (4.5)
682 revolutions per mile

Please note that tire psi increases from 32 or 33 psi to 35 psi to handle the larger sidewalls.
Thanks for the info, this will help with looking for some slightly used Ascent 18" wheels versus having to buy new 18" rims

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Thanks for the info, this will help with looking for some slightly used Ascent 18" wheels versus having to buy new 18" rims
And of course, as long as the rims are load rated high enough, and match the specs above, you can also find aftermarket options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.