Subaru Ascent Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,394 Posts
Hey there,

Looks like those images can't be found even with the way-back machine by Google. Do you have the original photos that you can reupload?

Is there more of these missing images? In case this isn't an isolated issue, I will need to escalate this back up to our QA team.

lee
There's a number of them. I have that post created on Facebook as well, so, I can fix that one, but not the rest.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is there more of these missing images? In case this isn't an isolated issue, I will need to escalate this back up to our QA team.

lee
Nearly all of the old images are missing. Take a look through the sticky picture threads for example, and you can tell there should be images and they just aren't there.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Here are my suggestions, and they mainly revolve around new users and their complaint posts. There is another forum application called Discourse which limits what new users can/cant do. For instance, they have to register and read X# of threads for X# of minutes before they post in forums. It would be nice if there was something similar here.

For instance, maybe enforce that the first post from a user must be in the Introduction forum. Or the first post cannot be in Complaints. Or no new threads until 3 replies in other threads. Something of the like.

It just irritates me that we get these "new users" who claim to have so much mileage that they would have owned the Ascent for several months, yet there is no forum history for them. But miraculously, we get a "crap on the Ascent" thread within an hour of their supposed problem and dammit, everyone must know about it!!! No use of Search to boot!!! It is just annoying and if there was a way to limit this behavior, I am all for it.

·
Administrator
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Nearly all of the old images are missing. Take a look through the sticky picture threads for example, and you can tell there should be images and they just aren't there.
Thanks. I just looked and it does indeed look like images are missing. I'll bring this up again.

Lee

·
Administrator
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
We are indeed working on this. We have had some feedback asking for this, the creative team is still working it out and testing before its ready to release with an upcoming update.
-Philip

·
Registered
898 Posts
What is this "Image waiting for approval" nonsense that is appearing on new posts?

How are we supposed to make a point when someone reads a post and sees this instead of the photo that was supposed to be displayed? Do we all now have to wait for each and every photo to be approved before reading any posts that contain photos?

Is this really necessary? How often is it that a photo would not be approved?

This seriously degrades the performance of this forum.

·
Super Moderator
6,394 Posts
What is this "Image waiting for approval" nonsense that is appearing on new posts?
View attachment 1276

How are we supposed to make a point when someone reads a post and sees this instead of the photo that was supposed to be displayed? Do we all now have to wait for each and every photo to be approved before reading any posts that contain photos?

I was going to ask about that too, but I am thinking it's an automated process? My images cause that same thing, and no images show up in my approval queue, so, I don't think it's a process handled by humans. @AscentAdmin would know better.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,411 Posts
There was an announcement awhile back that some images may require approval before they appear in order to comply with certain standards relative to underage folks who might visit the site, etc.

Perhaps the administrators can clarify...

·
Administrator
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
View attachment 1276

There was an announcement awhile back that some images may require approval before they appear in order to comply with certain standards relative to underage folks who might visit the site, etc.

Perhaps the administrators can clarify...
It is part of the automated check for NSFW check. If you do a hard refresh of the page, it should disappear and show images.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor. Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

61 - 79 of 79 Posts