Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Administrator
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Community Members,

We are very excited to announce that we are live from the new platform! We have been working hard over the past few months with leading design and product firm to deliver a cleaner, faster and more engaging experience for you and your community. We have leveraged XenForo tools and features but added layers of modern design and technology to make the site run faster, smoother and overall be more reliable. All of the valuable and informative content archived within your community is still here, even though the layout may look a bit different. Check out some of the new improvements:

Engage with your community wherever you are and on the go!
The site is optimized for all screen sizes, including mobile. All features are available and ready to use on all devices.

Speed and reliability are the foundation of this new platform.
No one should have to wait for information. This site has been built to be much faster and more reliable, period.

Easy to use and navigate.
We have made the design clean and simple to focus on the areas the community uses the most and removed the clutter. The collapsed menu by your profile avatar will provide easy access to the most popular topics as well as Showcase and Gallery to view the latest photos from your fellow members.

Show off your own collection.
We have introduced “My Showcase” for you to build and display images of your own collection or wish list to the rest of the community. This is your opportunity to upload often and share your passion!

Feel the pulse of the community.
Your home page now features the most active topics, viewed photos, recommended reading and top contributing members. This will help keep you the most up to date on what’s happening in your community.

These are just a few of the great new functions and features to try on the site. Please take a tour and look around! If you have any questions, please check out the HELP section for some quick FAQs about the new platform, Help Section

Please let us know what you think about the new experience, your feedback is important to us.

Thank you all for your support during this amazing journey!

- Community Support

·
Registered
653 Posts
I think it's a little weird, I guess I'll get used to it. It is faster. I need to figure out how to get to the user cp page and how to find my own threads and posts. Is all that found in the large search bar now?

·
Administrator
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will grow on you, keep exploring and you will notice it becoming more intuitive. The top right of the screen has some more menu options. You should see your avatar up there and a list of user CP options.
-Philip

·
Administrator
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's a little weird, I guess I'll get used to it. It is faster. I need to figure out how to get to the user cp page and how to find my own threads and posts. Is all that found in the large search bar now?
Like most of us, I am a creature of habit, so it takes me a bit to get used to changes. I was lucky enough to get the chance to play with the new platform before they went live with it so I am already getting used to it. I have to admit that I am crazy about it. It feels so much faster and is easy to use after a brief learning curve. :)

How do I find my account settings/preferences?
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “account settings”.

Once you have click on “account settings” a new page will open. You can browse through the left side column navigation for the specific settings you are looking for.

How do I find new posts?
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the trending button.

This will open a new page where you can click to choose “new posts”.

You can also choose to “mark forums read” on that same page.

How do I find my profile?
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “my profile”.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,740 Posts
Everything looks great!

I seem to not be able to find a "global mark forums read" button/menu selection. Is that truly missing, or am I just looking at it and not seeing it. :) :D

·
Administrator
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everything looks great!

I seem to not be able to find a "global mark forums read" button/menu selection. Is that truly missing, or am I just looking at it and not seeing it. :):D
It took me a few minutes to find that option too! :)

In the instructions above for finding new posts, there is an option to mark forums read.

Is that what you are looking for?

- Cricket

·
Registered
18 Posts
How do I find new posts?
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the trending button.

This will open a new page where you can click to choose “new posts”.
This is too many clicks, can we have a dedicated button up top for this? No reason not to make this as easily accessible as possible.

Also can a concise drop down list of forums be added to the navigation bar as well (like we used to have)? The forum listing is a bit cumbersome to scroll through (huge text, not enough contrast between the forum name and description, so it's easy to miss what you're looking for).

·
Administrator
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is too many clicks, can we have a dedicated button up top for this? No reason not to make this as easily accessible as possible.

Also can a concise drop down list of forums be added to the navigation bar as well (like we used to have)? The forum listing is a bit cumbersome to scroll through (huge text, not enough contrast between the forum name and description, so it's easy to miss what you're looking for).

View attachment 354
Thanks for the feedback. We are working on improving the contrast some on the displays. Have you tried the dark skin to see if its a little easier on your eyes? For now you may have to still have an extra click to get to a menu but the site is considerably faster than it was before.
-Philip

·
Registered
21 Posts
Previously posted thumbnails seem to be missing? (take a look at the picture threads) Anyone else finding this? And the search isn't coming up with relevant results.

Maybe those need time to populate...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. We are working on improving the contrast some on the displays. Have you tried the dark skin to see if its a little easier on your eyes? For now you may have to still have an extra click to get to a menu but the site is considerably faster than it was before.
-Philip
I'll try the dark mode and see how that is. But the dedicated new post button is a must have IMO. Hitting the existing button requires 2 separate page loads just to see the list.

Also when viewing threads the actual date of a post is much more useful than "21 days ago" or "2 months ago"

We also need an easy way to get to the last page of a long thread.

·
Administrator
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll try the dark mode and see how that is. But the dedicated new post button is a must have IMO. Hitting the existing button requires 2 separate page loads just to see the list.

Also when viewing threads the actual date of a post is much more useful than "21 days ago" or "2 months ago"

We also need an easy way to get to the last page of a long thread.
Please keep the feedback coming, we have updates rolling out on the regular.
-Philip

·
Administrator
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How do you change email notification frequency to daily or weekly? Ion't see any option for that.
View attachment 355
I am checking on this for you, but I don't believe email frequency is an option at this time.

All of my posts have been deleted, except for posts from 4 months ago and longer.
I reported this to the team but it looks like the posts are not deleted/missing but rather that they haven't shown up in search results yet. It can take a few days for the search indexing to be complete. I will monitor this and update you when I know more.

- Cricket

·
Registered
450 Posts
Will take some time to get used to, but overall a nice upgrade. Happy that the mobile site is easier to navigate through.
Also happy to see that there is a way to see which threads you posted in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Will take some time to get used to, but overall a nice upgrade. Happy that the mobile site is easier to navigate through.
Also happy to see that there is a way to see which threads you posted in.
@scooby

Great news,

The more you use it the better it gets and we are only going to add more functionality and features.

Jeff M

·
Registered
367 Posts
Seconding the request for what previously was an Active button. (For those of you still looking for it, it's Squiggly Line Button and then select New Posts tab)

·
Registered
367 Posts
By the way, LOVE that when viewing and clicking into threads under the New Posts tab, back-arrowing from a thread brings me back to exactly where I was in the New Posts list!

In the previous website incarnation, Active Topics would throw me back to the top of the list instead of remembering where I was. Basically it was refreshing with each back-arrow, when I didn't need it to.

Terrific!

F.S.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts