Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had our Ascent for about 5 weeks now. Love it. My son was sitting in the third row today, rain outside, when he said, “hey dad, it’s raining in our car.” I figured some water got in when the back hatch was open during loading. After a short 4 mile trip, went to the back to inspect and found water coming down the back pillar and the headliner is soaked. I made sure the hatch was closed and headed home, more water...

It’s Sunday, so no immediate trip to the dealership, but a quick trip to the forums lead me to your post. It is the only one I can find with a similar issue.

I traded in my 5 series wagon for the Ascent because the moonroof leaked and fried the electronics. I don’t need this again... anyone else having this issue?

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Have them check the rear drain lines (plural). There are two in the rear, one in the front.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it back today after 3 days in the shop. The rubber boot/housing that holds the wiring for the tailgate at the top of the cargo area was not properly seated. This caused water to enter and pool, the water then came down and into the cargo area. The service department took off the trim panels and has assured me there was no permanent damage. They conducted two separate water tests to make sure the problem was solved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.