Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My washer fluid was filled up and I brought my Ascent in June. Checked it was week and it was empty but only used the washer once or twice. Filled it back up and checked it today and it was down part way. Anyone else seeing their washer fluid disappearing?

·
Registered
265 Posts
My washer fluid was filled up and I brought my Ascent in June. Checked it was week and it was empty but only used the washer once or twice. Filled it back up and checked it today and it was down part way. Anyone else seeing their washer fluid disappearing?
Seems odd. Do you notice it dripping at all? Losing that much would probably leave a wet spot where you park.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
97 Posts
I noticed this too. I filled it up and barely used it and it's already gone.
I recently filled it out again but haven't checked since I had to go travel but will check again when I return.

I do notice a puddle on the ground hen parking but I figured it was from using the air conditioner.
@Caseydog72? Any update?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Adding this to the list of problems when I take the car into the dealership but anyone else experiencing this?

I've been topping off the window washer fluid. Barely even use it and next thing you know it, the reservoir is completely empty. No known leaks or puddles when car is parked, at least, not that I know of.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Come to think of it, I feel like the washer fluid never showed that it any near full since the time it was delivered from the dealer. I thought it was a bit odd that the dealer wouldnt top it off, but it didnt bother me too much. The monthly maintenance report hasnt given me a warning that it's empty so I assume there's some in there.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Come to think of it, I feel like the washer fluid never showed that it any near full since the time it was delivered from the dealer. I thought it was a bit odd that the dealer wouldnt top it off, but it didnt bother me too much. The monthly maintenance report hasnt given me a warning that it's empty so I assume there's some in there.

Yeah, interesting right? Ok, I just topped it off yesterday. I haven't used it. I'll check back again in a couple days to see where I'm at.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Reviving this old thread, since my visible washer fluid tube is completely empty. Got the car 2 days ago. It sprays and the warning is not on. Odd for sure, I will probably just drive to dealer and have them top it off and ask about it.
Anybody else had this happened since?

·
Registered
46 Posts
...my visible washer fluid tube is completely empty. Got the car 2 days ago. It sprays and the warning is not on.
The washer fluid fill tube is only a small part of the total reservoir capacity. So even though there is no level in the tube itself, there's still fluid in the actual reservoir, especially if it still sprays. If it's not spraying and the low level warning light hasn't lit up, then something is wrong.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The washer fluid fill tube is only a small part of the total reservoir capacity. So even though there is no level in the tube itself, there's still fluid in the actual reservoir, especially if it still sprays. If it's not spraying and the low level warning light hasn't lit up, then something is wrong.
Yes I understand, perhaps I should clarify. I didn’t think there is anything malfunctioning. But my expectation would certainly be that when you get your brand new vehicle that all fluids are full to the FULL line. That’s whats odd. And there might be an explanation for it and I was hoping that someone has gotten one since.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Same here. I thought it was me since I was always spraying the windshield (Florida bugs). Turns out that I am losing fluid only while driving. Filled tube to fill line, car sat in driveway for a few hours, fluid still at full line, no fluid under car, took a five mile drive and now fluid is halfway down fill tube. So it seems to happen only while driving. Off to the dealer I go.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Washer fluid emptying is just one of the many reasons you should not drive with the car upside down.
True, but it's often more fun. ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yep, I'm just another stoopid Florida driver.?Funny thing the level seems to fluctuate. Starting to think it is not leaking. Maybe weather condition causing the fluctuation. Currently in NJ and maybe the swing in temperature is the culprit. Now my curiosity (ocd?) is kicking in and I am checking it before and after every trip.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
My washer fluid lasts forever, I'm trying to use it up so I can put in Prestone for winter but still no low fluid warning.

In fact, before our trip last winter I had my service department do a pre trip inspection and they topped off the washer fluid. It lasted the entire 8,400 miles because I wouldn't let them add more at my first oil change in Sacremento CA because they don't use antifreeze fluid out there and I was coming back to MI. I used the washers a lot during that trip for road slush, bugs, dust, pollen, etc as we went cross country.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited
18 Posts
Ive had my ascent since last January and have filled up the washer fluid at least 5 times. Can't recall ever having another vehicle that I've had to full up this much, lol

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Ive had my ascent since last January and have filled up the washer fluid at least 5 times. Can't recall ever having another vehicle that I've had to full up this much, lol
since the reservior is for both front and rear I suspect that it was not filled up completely. As you used it the fluid was probably drawn further into the tubes and rear providing additional room for filling up front. I suggest running it after they fill it before you leave the dealer and then checking the level again. My bet is that there will be room to fill in the reservoir. I go in at the end of next week and will have mine filled (it is nearly empty and I have been getting the warning). I am very curious to see what happens. I will look up the capacity and match that with how much fluid they fill it with.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.