Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I finally decided to buy my 2019 Premium Ascent after lease. I got 30000 on it, and my question is, do i need to buy any kind of warranty? Especially since i have open recall on transmission.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, 2015 WRX, 2022 OB Onyx
4,668 Posts
Hello everyone. I finally decided to buy my 2019 Premium Ascent after lease. I got 30000 on it, and my question is, do i need to buy any kind of warranty? Especially since i have open recall on transmission.
recalls are taken care of by manufacturer at no cost to owner. the choice to purchase the Gold Plus Plan to extend some sort of "warranty" is up to each owner. The factory 3 year, 36000 mile original warranty remains in effect for your vehicle regardless.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
recalls are taken care of by manufacturer at no cost to owner. the choice to purchase the Gold Plus Plan to extend some sort of "warranty" is up to each owner. The factory 3 year, 36000 mile original warranty remains in effect for your vehicle regardless.
So after 3/36, car basically dont have any warranty?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
5,660 Posts
So after 3/36, car basically dont have any warranty?
The OEM 3/36 Warranty expires at 3 years/36K miles whichever comes first. Some elements of the Powertrain remain under warranty until 5 years/60K miles, whichever comes first. The Subaru Gold extended service contract, which needs to be acquired prior to the expiry of your OEM 3/36 warranty can take over from there. Without the extended service contract (what many folks call "extended warranties", you no longer have coverage for most things.

Reactions: SubieDoo

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The OEM 3/36 Warranty expires at 3 years/36K miles whichever comes first. Some elements of the Powertrain remain under warranty until 5 years/60K miles, whichever comes first. The Subaru Gold extended service contract, which needs to be acquired prior to the expiry of your OEM 3/36 warranty can take over from there. Without the extended service contract (what many folks call "extended warranties", you no longer have coverage for most things.
So you suggest to get that extended warranty after 3/36 expire? (Almost expired i would say)

·
Super Moderator
5,660 Posts
So you suggest to get that extended warranty after 3/36 expire? (Almost expired i would say)
I merely said you need to do it before the 3/36 expires or you cannot buy it. The "when" is up to you. Waiting risks price increases. Not waiting means more up-front expenditure. For my Ascent, I've waited for a number of financial reasons I'll not go into, but I'm about to contact Dan at Liberty to "do the deed" before I run out of my OEM warranty in a few months.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I merely said you need to do it before the 3/36 expires or you cannot buy it. The "when" is up to you. Waiting risks price increases. Not waiting means more up-front expenditure. For my Ascent, I've waited for a number of financial reasons I'll not go into, but I'm about to contact Dan at Liberty to "do the deed" before I run out of my OEM warranty in a few months.
Ok, thank you for info.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Could you provide the last name initial? There are 4 Dan's there. LOL. I would've PM'd you but can't out how to do that.

·
Super Moderator
5,660 Posts
Could you provide the last name initial? There are 4 Dan's there. LOL. I would've PM'd you but can't out how to do that.
Visit the Liberty Subaru section in the Vendor area for complete contact information for Dan Meola. they are long-time forum sponsors. You need to be in their market area for them to be able to help you, however. Subaru requires that now for a couple of years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.