Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has National General Motor Club, out of Winston-Salem NC, for towing (similar although not as robust as AAA) be warned they do will tow a vehicle a member in good standing is driving if it was in an accident (even a single vehicle curb accident). There is no mention of this limitation in the contract documents or any written source on their website.

This is not about my Ascent but rather another family vehicle. I am starting a complaint with my AG office.

I am well aware of my other tow service options including Subaru with some limitations and my insurance company with some limitations.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could you please reword your post? I'm not certain what you're saying. Typo?
National genetal provides services similar to AAA. I contracted with them for possible towing needs for family drivers. My son hit a curb with his car and we wanted it towed. I called them and said they do not cover towing a vehicle if it was in an accident, even a small single car accident. I reminded them they do not have that restriction in their contract documents and they are in breach of contract for refusing to provide the tow service for that reason. In fact, the contract does not have any limitations other than up to 100 miles and number of tows per year. I got my membership refunded but I do not want anyone else to be surprised.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
National genetal provides services similar to AAA. I contracted with them for possible towing needs for family drivers. My son hit a curb with his car and we wanted it towed. I called them and said they do not cover towing a vehicle if it was in an accident, even a small single car accident. I reminded them they do not have that restriction in their contract documents and they are in breach of contract for refusing to provide the tow service for that reason. In fact, the contract does not have any limitations other than up to 100 miles and number of tows per year. I got my membership refunded but I do not want anyone else to be surprised.
Ahh, ok, thanks. You did the right thing contacting your state's AG office. Report them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts