Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want the radio to turn off when i turn off the engine. Does anyone know if this is possible and can we do it ourselves???

Also I would love some feedback on the sunglasses holder. I find that every time I open it my sunglasses fly out. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,907 Posts
If you turn off the engine, the entertainment system only continues to make noise until a door is opened. I'm not sure it's configurable any other way outside of pressing the volume control to turn off sound at that point.

The sunglass holder isn't one of the best engineered features...I don't use it. My glasses go into the tray in the center console at this point.

Reactions: rgfleischman

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I want the radio to turn off when i turn off the engine. Does anyone know if this is possible and can we do it ourselves???

Also I would love some feedback on the sunglasses holder. I find that every time I open it my sunglasses fly out. Thoughts?
I always use CarPlay and I can't remember what happens when I turn off the engine (it either goes to radio or keeps playing whatever CarPlay is playing). I'll double check that later today. If this is any help at all, you can set SXM to channel 0 (has no audio). That way when when you unplug a phone or start the car, no sound comes out.

I use Rayban Wayfarers, which is one of the most popular shapes in existence. I have found if you try to put them in the sunglass holder as if they were facing you, they tend to fall out. I have to do the exact opposite and face the lenses toward the soft lining of the holder and flip them upside down as well. It's not intuitive at all but I've adapted to this method and they stay in OK.

·
Registered
567 Posts

Yes, two options - press and hold the volume button for about 3 seconds. Less than 3 seconds just mutes it and it'll come on when you start the engine, longer than 10 seconds will "reboot" the infotainment center (good, when you are having problems) or

.....do what I - find your favorite channels and - let's say your favorite - Channel 6 is preset #3. Change Preset #2 or #4 to Channel 0 - which is silent (Radio ID). As I get out of the car, I just flip the radio button on the steering wheel forward or back and it's silent until you change it back to another channel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.