Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the thing that throws colored lights on the driver side windshield during startup??

What else does it do?

Is the 'hole' in the dash on the passenger side also there for a reason?

·
Registered
277 Posts
it's all in the manual available on-line. In nutshell it shows using color: emergency breaking activation, adaptive cruise car acquisition, lane departure.

·
Administrator
11,401 Posts
I thought it would be in the separate eyesight manual but alas, i can’t find it there either!
It's in at least one of the manuals in our glove boxes. There's about a thousand pages of manuals spread out across multiple books in my glove box. :tango_face_wink:

·
Administrator
11,401 Posts
Instructions can be found here...

For those looking for it...

• In the Eyesight manual in your glove box (or in the online version), it will be on pages 95-96
  • On page 27 of your Owner's Manual, it outlines the available settings - but this is also spelled out in the Eyesight manual, so, no need to grab the Owners Manual to check out Eyesight Assist Monitor.

The thing I like the most is the vehicle/object acquisition LED (center green one), because I know that Eyesight is tracking the vehicle ahead during Adaptive Cruise Control mode (which is the only time the LED is operational). I don't have to turn my head to the center display, nor keep the Eyesight display on the center display, nor look down at my dash.

What's also helpful is lane departure - but the car flashes all sorts of things for that.

It's not supposed to be a fancy information center. It's supposed to alert you to key Eyesight things without you having to take your eyes off the road - and in that respect, it works pretty decently.

·
Registered
648 Posts
What is the thing that throws colored lights on the driver side windshield during startup??

What else does it do?

Is the 'hole' in the dash on the passenger side also there for a reason?

I don't know what trim you have but I recall my 17 Impreza sports didn't have that. Everything was displayed in the middle pod when isight engaged.

I have a premium, it appears if this is an indicator unit for units without the upgraded pod? I didn't read the manual yet lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I often get a chuckle when I see an “it’s in the manual” remark. It’s been about 10 days from delivery on my Ascent Limited and I’ve spent countless hours digging into many different manuals and booklets. I feel like I’m back in college, only the reading material is harder!

·
Administrator
11,401 Posts
I often get a chuckle when I see an “it’s in the manual” remark. It’s been about 10 days from delivery on my Ascent Limited and I’ve spent countless hours digging into many different manuals and booklets. I feel like I’m back in college, only the reading material is harder!
LOL! Totally understand that feeling. I've started making sure I give people pages to refer to because, as I mentioned, there's literally a thousand pages of manuals.

Everyone should log into MySubaru and download the electronic versions and make their lives easier - well, easier than digging out a thousand pages of manuals spread out across numerous books to find something. :tango_face_wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts