Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've officially placed an order for a '19 Ascent Touring, now we get to wait until Nov? or Dec? to take delivery. Actually, it will be my wife's daily driver, I joined just for the technical side of things, as I know "zero" about a Subaru. This will be our first Subaru, she switched camps from a long string of Toyota's, the last 8 yrs driving a AWD Highlander Limited. The Highlander has 249K miles, needed something to replace it, she fell for the Ascent. We live in OK, but travel to CO frequently, that's where she kept seeing so many Subaru's! Probably would've switched before now, just waiting for a 3 row Subaru of similar size, so now we'll try one!

Background, I'm a lifelong gearhead, into old cars, street rods, muscle cars, and Harley's. I put lots of miles on two Harley's every year. A few years ago I built a AC Cobra replica (Factory Five) from the frame up, without any Mustang donor parts, all new parts except for a '66 FE engine block that now has a stroker crank for 462 cu in and runs four 48 IDA Weber's. TKO 600 5 speed, IRS, etc. 554 hp in a 2,300 lb car. I race it on road courses occasionally and drive it on the street. It's traction limited running 315 street tires on the rear, so my 60 ft times aren't very good when drag racing, but it still turns mid 10's. My daily driver is a almost stock Z71.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome lots of good tech stuff here and I am sure that it will grow the more people that we have join plus more people getting their cars. Same as you ours will be the family car have fun waiting like most of the rest of us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts