Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this forum... here we go:

My wife and I nearly pulled the trigger on a 2020 Ascent but are now holding out for an 8-seater 2021 black with black interior. Believe it or not, there's only one left in the entire PacNW with that trim, according to one dealer I talked to. Another, when we talked in the third week of May, said they'd already surpassed May 2019 sales. That 0% really must be selling cars, but no more are on the way!

When will factories reopen? Will they be sending remaining 2020 stock or direct to 2021? Due out late summer?

2021 Premium, 8-passenger, black paint, black cloth interior. Probablly don't need the moonroof and we don't trust its resilience to handle a decade of snowy mountain, warm valley freeze/melt/freeze cycle.

Our plan is to upgrade tires, as follows:

Summer configuration: 20in KMC Bully wheels (or similar) with Cooper Discoverer or Continental TerrainContact ATs or similar. Dealer nearby put 265/50 R20s on a premium and it looked great. They described how they had to punch out the wheel wells a bit to accommodate full turning radius. No lift. Remove and use tire pressure sensors from factory wheels.
Winter configuration: 18in factory wheels (or splurge for fancy ones) with 245/60R18 Bridgestone Blizzaks. Yes, we spend enough time in the snow we want/need dedicated snow tires. No tire pressure sensors needed for only three months, and we'll deal with the dashboard light.

Other considerations:
Waiting to either place online order with a local dealer for exact config we want or hope something pops up on the lot. We realize we'll likely miss out on the 0% if we wait for the 2021s, but we'd rather have our exact features. Elsewhere on this forum, it sounds like all 2021s will have LED headlights, which is a small prize for waiting, I guess.

We are in the final stages of preparing mentally for the $40k purchase. What else should we be thinking about?

Thx!

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
2,640 Posts
When will factories reopen? Will they be sending remaining 2020 stock or direct to 2021? Due out late summer?
The factory in Indiana already restarted mid to late May. It will take some time to catch up. There have been no formal announcements regarding model year changeover to-date that I've seen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, I called a whole bunch of dealers, and none of them knew when the 2021 was hitting lots except one, which promised they'd have it by late July/August. I find it hard to believe...

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
2,640 Posts
...none of them knew when the 2021 was hitting lots except one, which promised they'd have it by late July/August. I find it hard to believe...
One of them wasn't being honst most likely... ;)

·
Administrator
8,802 Posts
@mfrk these people have helped me with both my previous set of wheels, and my current setup (at nearly 60,000 miles, I'm on my second set of tires), and numerous people I've sent to them. When you're ready, you're in good hands with them. Message them through here, and Matt or one of my other friends at Discount Tire Direct can discuss the numerous options, from the more extreme like mine, to something more road friendly - or something in between.

Welcome @mfrk

Thanks for joining the forums.

We wish you luck in your search, and always here if you have any tire or wheel questions.

Good luck on your search and enjoy the forums.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts