Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how long it takes to ship from the Lafayette factory to Vancouver, Canada? My order is a limited 8 seat and was just told by the sales person that the car is on the train. I wonder if I called SOA with my VIN, would they be able to tell me more, even for a Canadian delivery?

Ordered in early Apr, still waiting... impatiently

·
Registered
30 Posts
If I remember it was around two weeks. From Lafayette to Toronto shipped up to Thunder Bay ON. Not sure which route your vehicle will take if it's the same route into Canada then maybe add another week.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I ordered a black Premier on Feb. 28 in Alberta, Canada and am still waiting. The dealer has been clueless about the progress until lately. They finally said my vehicle is getting ready to be shipped "pretty soon" (yeah they've always been vague to me like that). Also finally gave me the VIN after I asked. I haven't posted much on here but I may be one of the longest waiting preorders on this forum. :crying:

Maybe I'll try calling SOA to hopefully get a little more info. The Subaru Canada phone # has been useless because I never got to a real person, always to a messaging system for call back but they never called me back.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered a black Premier on Feb. 28 in Alberta, Canada and am still waiting. The dealer has been clueless about the progress until lately. They finally said my vehicle is getting ready to be shipped "pretty soon" (yeah they've always been vague to me like that). Also finally gave me the VIN after I asked. I haven't posted much on here but I may be one of the longest waiting preorders on this forum.

Maybe I'll try calling SOA to hopefully get a little more info. The Subaru Canada phone # has been useless because I never got to a real person, always to a messaging system for call back but they never called me back.
Ughh frustrating! My dealership finally had a status update today and told me it's on the train. Fingers crossed we will get it by end of August!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've just got off the phone with SOA and the guy said it could be another month from now before I get my car due to all the recent delays/issues/inspections. He couldn't be more specific though, not sure if it's because it's a Canadian spec Ascent or it's the same with all Ascents now.

Almost 6 months of wait so far and if he's right, it'll be 7 months by the time I get it. It'd better be worth it. :grin:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the info on LHF shipping company. Apparently, that is the shipper that deliver cars to my dealer from Calgary but like you said it's only the last part of the travel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone know which shipping company does the train transportation from the Factory?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For some reason, my FB ad today was the trucking company that is taking mine from Concord, ON.

You can track the last leg with your VIN:
https://www.lhf.com

Not sure if it's the same company on the west coast
Thank you! I will check this out!
I checked this site today and found my VIN and delivery info! Thank you!! This company does deliver for Vancouver as well!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts