Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how you guys pre-ordered in Feb and stayed sane until June.

I ordered late May and I'm dying to get the new car! I'm sure SOA has a internal memo going around that says "This guy is annoying!"

Maybe this can just turn into a gripe thread for all of us who don't have it yet and are jealous :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I also pre-ordered in late May and am wondering why some people who ordered early are still waiting and some people ordered later already have them? My pre-order is scheduled to ship next week and then arrive within ten days but from all that I read here there are no solid time frames so I spend my time checking this site numerous times a day trying to piece together what I can, and for the great info and questions everyone provides. Also, why do some dealers have models on the lots, I would have thought the pre-orders would have come first?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also pre-ordered in late May and am wondering why some people who ordered early are still waiting and some people ordered later already have them? My pre-order is scheduled to ship next week and then arrive within ten days but from all that I read here there are no solid time frames so I spend my time checking this site numerous times a day trying to piece together what I can, and for the great info and questions everyone provides. Also, why do some dealers have models on the lots, I would have thought the pre-orders would have come first?
As to why some late orders have them and early orders don't: all I can piece together is it's a factor of dealer size and pre-order count. Bigger dealers get more Ascents allotted to them. So if you got lucky and there was a big dealer who didn't get many pre-orders, I guess you get yours sooner.

Last I talked with SOA, I still have a "August 2018" ETA with no other updates and you have actual dates. It's all over the place.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Mine was done in mid April and the ETA was 'The month of August' and now when I checked last week with SOA it was 'End of August'. I guess the ETA pushed little further because of the plant shut down for 2 weeks. But I'm still hoping to get VIN update end of this month.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ordered in May and getting within 10 more days :tango_face_surprise Lucky you!
Where are you from and what trim did you order?

·
Registered
487 Posts
It's worth the wait. Luckily work kept me busy enough that I completely lost track of time (did i really say that about work?). The period between the time when I put the deposit down and actually getting the car sped right through. Next thing I knew, the car had arrived at the dealer and I was scheduling a date for delivery.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm itching to get one, and WANTING to get one sooner than later. This is a bad crowd ... lol
It's worth the wait. Luckily work kept me busy enough that I completely lost track of time (did i really say that about work?). The period between the time when I put the deposit down and actually getting the car sped right through. Next thing I knew, the car had arrived at the dealer and I was scheduling a date for delivery.
Ahhh man that's nice. Right now work is slow which makes the wait worse. Maybe I should just find a new hobby :smile_big:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ordered April 2. Schedule for 6/22. ETA was 7/16. Until today. Today we got pushed back to 7/30 ETA which is *after* our big family road trip that was supposed to be our Ascent’s big break in. Just last night was told no change (but also hadn’t gotten an update on shipped rail or at railhead or anything so ,Abe it never left the factory and they are doing more QC?). Just got an email update from SOA last week after inquiring that said MID July. So weird.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I preordered in March and have 13 more long days. I finally got to test drive one today, making the wait even harder.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ordered April 2. Schedule for 6/22. ETA was 7/16. Until today. Today we got pushed back to 7/30 ETA which is *after* our big family road trip that was supposed to be our Ascent’s big break in. Just last night was told no change (but also hadn’t gotten an update on shipped rail or at railhead or anything so ,Abe it never left the factory and they are doing more QC?). Just got an email update from SOA last week after inquiring that said MID July. So weird.
Assuming you must have received the VIN from your dealer based on ETA dates....did you?

·
Registered
260 Posts
It could be worse: I preordered in early March and I still have two more months to wait.

Though I suppose there are folks here who either changed color/seating, or had a dealer backtrack on the agreed price (and had to re-order somewhere else) that have to wait even longer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It could be worse: I preordered in early March and I still have two more months to wait.

Though I suppose there are folks here who either changed color/seating, or had a dealer backtrack on the agreed price (and had to re-order somewhere else) that have to wait even longer.
Good perspective. Thank you for that. My hope is that maybe the dealership will be willing to take something off of MSRP for my woes. LOL The beat goes on. For SURE a first world problem. "Wahhhhh, my brand new beautiful top of the line Subaru is late." Makes me hate myself a little even thinking it. Onward and upward. :smile_big:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Placed order 2 weeks ago, ETA Sept :(

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I feel bad texting my salesman every week, but I'm not sure if he'd actually text me when I get a VIN.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts