Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 Subaru Ascent Premium - When the radio is set to a comfortable volume - say 18, and you are running Waze through Apple Car play, when Waze interupts, it BLASTS. Have to turn the volume down to 8 to stay in the car. Any suggestions on how to equalize the radio and Waze volumes?

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
Have you turned down the volume while Waze is actually speaking? Mines a premium w/o nav and it stays on whatever volume I leave it but each function seems to have it own level that needs set.
You could also do what I do and just navigate per the map without voice. I understand if you’re most comfortable with the voice as well so you can keep eyes on the road.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
Also, check the volume setting on your iPhone.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
There are multiple volume settings in the vehicle's head unit settings areas that enable you to equalize volume from various sources including your iPhone when using navigation apps. You can also adjust the volume WHILE the Wayz voice is speaking which is separate from the radio volume even though you use the same physical control. (volume knob on the dash or equvalent on the steering wheel)

Reactions: xydadx3

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are multiple volume settings in the vehicle's head unit settings areas that enable you to equalize volume from various sources including your iPhone when using navigation apps. You can also adjust the volume WHILE the Wayz voice is speaking which is separate from the radio volume even though you use the same physical control. (volume knob on the dash or equvalent on the steering wheel)
OK, so I'm ignorant. Please define "vehicle's head unit settings" and where do I find this? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
Your manual is your friend. The Starlink manual specifically. Lots of great bathroom reading in there!

Touch the Home button on the head unit and the touch the "Setting" icon on the screen...etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.