Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question. When I am driving, I like to listen to the radio. Sometimes it's a little loud when I turn my car off. Dang. Go to start it back up and forget how loud it was. Try turning it down and I cannot until I hit "Accept" on my screen 10 seconds later, after is already scared me and anyone with me, haha. So. Here is the questions. Is there a place that I can just have the volume "reset" or bypass that screen as soon as it turns on. I get the warning, however... Help!

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
Question. When I am driving, I like to listen to the radio. Sometimes it's a little loud when I turn my car off. Dang. Go to start it back up and forget how loud it was. Try turning it down and I cannot until I hit "Accept" on my screen 10 seconds later, after is already scared me and anyone with me, haha. So. Here is the questions. Is there a place that I can just have the volume "reset" or bypass that screen as soon as it turns on. I get the warning, however... Help!
How old is your Ascent? Please go into your head unit, check Settings->General->System Information and report back the firmware version number.

·
Super Moderator
2,419 Posts
Train yourself to turn the volume down when you get out of the car. It’ll take some time to alter your habit but that’s what I did anyway. Worst is when you throw it in reverse right away and can’t turn the volume down while the backup camera is displayed!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Train yourself to turn the volume down when you get out of the car. It’ll take some time to alter your habit but that’s what I did anyway. Worst is when you throw it in reverse right away and can’t turn the volume down while the backup camera is displayed!
I totally agree!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am trying to train myself before shutting car down to push and hold (abt 3-4 seconds) the volume control to shut all audio etc off. Thus, no blast when turning car on, with peaceful silence until you are ready to connect to the world. Then push hold and all turns on.

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
I am trying to train myself before shutting car down to push and hold (abt 3-4 seconds) the volume control to shut all audio etc off. Thus, no blast when turning car on, with peaceful silence until you are ready to connect to the world. Then push hold and all turns on.
Just tap to turn on.

Personally, I set the very first preset to XM Station 0 (Radio ID station, no sound). I use Android Auto, or sometimes my USB media for music. So, when I disconnect and leave the car, audio goes off. When I turn off the car, it goes off, even before I open the door (because it switches to an XM station with no sound). And when I get in the car, there's no audio, but, when I plug in my phone, my phone's volume settings take over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts