Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When using voice commands to play song x off a USB drive, the car will announce playing “song x” but play some other random song. Anyone experienced this or have an idea how to fix it?

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
No. But, I don't use the voice commands to select songs often. When I have, it's worked, surprisingly better than trying to do some navigation tasks. I'll try again, more in depth, this weekend.

In the meantime, perhaps it's a firmware issue? Can you please go into Settings->General->System Information and let me know the firmware version? I only need the string that starts with REL. Also, do you have built in Navigation, or not?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. But, I don't use the voice commands to select songs often. When I have, it's worked, surprisingly better than trying to do some navigation tasks. I'll try again, more in depth, this weekend.

In the meantime, perhaps it's a firmware issue? Can you please go into Settings->General->System Information and let me know the firmware version? I only need the string that starts with REL. Also, do you have built in Navigation, or not?
Hey Robert,

The firmware version is REL_UA.19.36.70
Yes, it does have built in Navigation.

I’m thinking it may be an issue with the USB because the voice commands work fine for navigation and it seems to recognize the requested song. It just plays something completely different than requested.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
Hi, I'd try updating the firmware. It had some fixes for the voice recognition system since the version you're running. Let me know if you need help figuring out how.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.