Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a donation and got my form from Subaru entitling me to 2% below invoice. What should I expect to see from the dealer for this configuration with no other accessies or warranties? I will be ordering the car.

And, by the way, thanks to everyone on this site... really great information here!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,547 Posts
Your vehicle price will be 2% below invoice if that's what the certificate shows plus any fees and taxes and your dealer is a participating dealer. You should consider if you intend to get any accessories as it's best to do that up front as they get discounted, too. The Subaru Gold Extended Service Contract is a different dance and for that shopping around is generally a good idea.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info and advice... my dealer has confirmed that I am entitled to "2% below" invoice. I will be meeting with him tomorrow. My only concern is what his dealership considers the actual invoice price to be and making sure it's correct as I've never dealt with them before.

I've poked around and it seems like $36,964 is supposed to be the invoice price for 2021 Ascent Limited 8 seater (not including the tech pkg). And another site said that $2,459 was the invoice price for the Tech Pkg.

So, assuming they're correct, I would also assume that I would add those together, subtract 2% of the total and then add on the $1050 destination charge and then tax on top of that along with any plates fees and odds and ends.

Does this make sense?

The "Tech pkg" pretty much includes all the extras we wanted to get... and any accessories that we decide we want we will be installing ourselves as we feel the need for them.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanks for the info and advice... my dealer has confirmed that I am entitled to "2% below" invoice. I will be meeting with him tomorrow. My only concern is what his dealership considers the actual invoice price to be and making sure it's correct as I've never dealt with them before.

I've poked around and it seems like $36,964 is supposed to be the invoice price for 2021 Ascent Limited 8 seater (not including the tech pkg). And another site said that $2,459 was the invoice price for the Tech Pkg.

So, assuming they're correct, I would also assume that I would add those together, subtract 2% of the total and then add on the $1050 destination charge and then tax on top of that along with any plates fees and odds and ends.

Does this make sense?

The "Tech pkg" pretty much includes all the extras we wanted to get... and any accessories that we decide we want we will be installing ourselves as we feel the need for them.

Thanks again!
Invoice price is not really open for interpretation, so it should be straight forward. They should be able to show you the itemization with the invoice pricing.

You're correct, add the destination fee to whatever the invoice price is for your particular build.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had calculated the same for a future purpose:

2021 Limited 8-Pass (Invoice):
$36,964

Destination Fee (Invoice):
$1,050

Tech. Package (Invoice):
$2,459

Total (Invoice):
$40,473

VIP -2%:
$39,663.54
(plus doc. fees, taxes)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,547 Posts
I do not believe that the VIP program discounts the destination charge, but that's still reasonably close for your research. (I did not go back and look at my VIP letter from 2019 to check on this...)

Reactions: indefiniteintegral

·
Registered
32 Posts
I do not believe that the VIP program discounts the destination charge, but that's still reasonably close for your research. (I did not go back and look at my VIP letter from 2019 to check on this...)
Thanks for the clarification, Jim!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts