Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - apologies if this has already been covered but I couldn’t find specific info in the forums. I have a 2017 Outback in excellent shape (<18,000 miles) and I’m shopping for an Ascent Touring. I’m planning to leverage the VIP pricing as well. I know Subaru offers a guarantee trade value program (GTP) which is obviously subject to inspection, etc. I have one or two very minor (smaller than 3/4” dings - no paint damage) from parking lots etc, but otherwise the car is all stock and in excellent condition.

Does anyone have experiences or advice with using VIP pricing and the impact on a trade - with or without the Subaru GTP? My limited understanding of VIP is that corporate reimburses the dealership for some of the money they’d lose on the deal, but it seems they may want to value the trade differently to compensate.

Love that this community exists and I appreciate any advice or experiences anyone can share. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Pilot - bottom line I should be able to 1) go in with VIP letter/pricing (invoice -2%) and know that figure, and 2) have at least an estimated GTP (which for me also seems to be a little higher than what I might expect otherwise) and the dealer ideally accepts both of those, no haggling/negotiating necessary.

My fear was that the VIP pricing on the new car could impact the GTP offer, or the GTP offer would not apply or something to make up the $ difference of the VIP program. Sounds like that may not be the case...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.