Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions. Is the VIP Pricing always 2% under invoice or does it vary from organization to organization? I'm a member of the ACA and that page just says "based upon" invoice pricing.

Also, we did sorta screw up and have already spoken with a dealer. Does that matter?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,411 Posts
The program is different from partner to partner. Some are at invoice; some are 2% below invoice. I doubt speaking with a dealer would have any effect at all. When you request your VIP letter via your organization of choice, you have to specify a dealer. Be sure that the dealer you choose participates in the program.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought I'd piggyback off this post instead of starting a new one.

There are four dealers near me and we know what we want (2020 Premium 7-seat pkg14 blue/ivory). I plan on using the ASPCA VIP but have not begun the paperwork as I don't know which dealer to select.

Would you suggest going to each one, asking if they participate in VIP pricing and then asking for an out the door price including trade-in? I don't want to begin to discuss pricing and then blindside the dealer by mentioning the VIP but I also don't want inflated fees and a lower trade-in because of the VIP pricing starting point.

I haven't purchased in new car in 13 years so any thoughts are appreciated!

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,411 Posts
You should at least determine if a dealer participates in the VIP program if you intend to use the benefit. The VIP pricing doesn't hurt the dealer at all, IMHO. It's a Subaru program. If you can negotiate better, well...go for it. Some folks have been able to do just that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts