Subaru Ascent Forum banner
161 - 180 of 224 Posts

· Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
6,279 Posts
What's the minimum donation amount before you get access to the VIP pricing? Is it a one time donation or do you need to sign up for the monthly donation? Thanks!
For immediate access to the VIP program there is a minimum $500 donation required. A lesser amount still qualifies, but there's a six month waiting period.

Reactions: packout

· Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, 2015 WRX, 2022 OB Onyx
5,271 Posts
For immediate access to the VIP program there is a minimum $500 donation required. A lesser amount still qualifies, but there's a six month waiting period.
Jim,

here is the latest correspondence I received associated with the ASPCA VIP program.

these types of replies are what get me so annoyed. You can read my inquiry and the reply I received from ASPCA VIP program below. You will notice the first reply simply states the program can change anytime at the discretion of SOA. I wanted to drill into who actually controls the discount level (SOA or the partner). Well easier said then done. I asked directly that issue of who dictated that part of the term. The answer was essentially pound sand. I had already asked this question of SOA and I was directed to the partner (round and round). It is a program both SOA and the partner contract in and I do not question the right for it to change or even not exist at all, but this behind the curtain approach does not put a smile on my face.

If indeed the program discount level is dictated by SOA, when then would certain partners have 2% and at some at the flat invoice amount? Why change with one and not the other. Currently only PHS seems to maintain the 2% discount level. As you know - none of the discount levels are dictated by the amount of the donation.

Mon 4/11/2022 1:49 PM

Hi ,

The VIP Program is at the discretion of Subaru of America. Unfortunately we are unable to discuss the details of the VIP Program apart from what is listed on our webpage. We recommend reaching out to [email protected] with any questions.

All the best,

Kaylie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent:
Monday, April 11, 2022 3:42 PM
To: ASPCA Subaru VIP Program <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: subaru vip discount change?

Please clarify if the terms at any point in time (2% below dealer invoice versus dealer invoice) is dictated by Subaru or ASPCA.

Thank you
------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2022 1:40 PM
To:
Subject:
RE: subaru vip discount change?

Hi ,

Thanks for your message! The Subaru VIP Program is a limited time offer that is subject to change without notice at the discretion of Subaru of America. Additionally, all sales are subject to availability and retailer discretion. Please contact the Subaru VIP Program Administrator at [email protected] with any further questions.

All the best,

Kaylie

· Registered
11 Posts
I placed my VIP order in late March and made the donation to ASPCA about a week before the order went in.

My letter does state invoice Cost Minus 2%.

It would be interesting to see if anyone that is placing an order with the VIP program via a donation to the ASPCA this month (April and going forward) has any modification to their letter where the -2% is missing when they receive it.

· Registered
5,271 Posts
I placed my VIP order in late March and made the donation to ASPCA about a week before the order went in.

My letter does state invoice Cost Minus 2%.

It would be interesting to see if anyone that is placing an order with the VIP program via a donation to the ASPCA this month (April and going forward) has any modification to their letter where the -2% is missing when they receive it.
The Outback forum already has a poster whose VIP letter is invoice only.

· Registered
2020 Abyss Blue Touring, 2022 Magnetite Gray Touring
10 Posts
Hey everyone! Can't express how much I appreciate this post. I already have a 2022 Touring on order, and today I emailed my salesperson asking if they'd accept the VIP pricing on my existing order. He emailed me back saying that they'd be happy to do so and to send over the letter. So, I made my $500 donation to the ASPCA, filled out the form, forwarded my receipt to the [email protected] email address, and already have my letter from Subaru giving approval. My letter is also for invoice only, but having planned on paying MSRP with the market how it is, I will take any discount I can get!

· Registered
2020 Abyss Blue Touring, 2022 Magnetite Gray Touring
10 Posts
It saved me about 3k, so I hear ya!
Just picked up my new 2022 Touring on Friday, and it saved me 3,700, or 3,200 taking that 500 donation into account. The dealer said I was their first customer to use the VIP program, which I thought was crazy, but who knows!

· Registered
55 Posts
After a bit of back and forth and MULTIPLE visits; I was able to get a 22' Onyx on order for $39K.
Granted we are repeat customers; they made me work for it... Total discount just a bit north of $3,700 dollars (incl. Loyalty coupon). This is all without VIP program or donations. Maybe I'll look into that option when I trade up to see if it makes any difference???:unsure:

BTW, options included Mirrors w. Approach lights and Pano Roof package 22

· Registered
5,271 Posts
My wife and I thinking of pulling the trigger on a new Impreza vs Crosstrek. Is the VIP still active/available?
We did not know about when we purchased our Ascent 2021.
yes.

You will need to check with Subaru of America (and possibly multiple dealerships) to determine if they will honor it for a particular model such as the Crosstrek.

Earlier this year Subaru and its VIP partners changed the discount terms to be dealer invoice for all partners instead of some having 2% below. You would need to contact the VIP partner to check the latest iteration.

Check you dealerships to determine if they charge dealer fees (regardless of what they may call them). These as you may know are not required fees by county or state and are completely negotiable (I paid zero dealer fees in my most recent Outback Onyx purchase).

There are no other requirements for the VIP program involving ordering packages (some dealerships are more honest than others).

Since you purchased your 2021 Ascent you should ask Subaru of America for a loyalty coupon. this coupon will range anywhere from $500 to $1000, and can be combined with the VIP discount.

Dealerships do not have new car inventory sitting around their lots, so this would be a factory order. There have been times when a dealership ordered a vehicle for someone for which later it was determined could not buy the vehicle so they may make that available to you since it is already in process. Vehicles are leaving the lots within days of being delivered.

Other than the above, the typical purchase strategies should be in play.

I'm in the process of exploring trading my 2019 Ascent Limited for a 2023 Ascent.

· Super Moderator
6,279 Posts
My wife and I thinking of pulling the trigger on a new Impreza vs Crosstrek. Is the VIP still active/available?
We did not know about when we purchased our Ascent 2021.
As Packout mentions, the program is running. Individual dealers, however, make their own decisions about participation or not and whether it's for factory order only or also will include what little dealer inventory exists.

• Wow
Reactions: Sparkland

· Registered
15 Posts
We recently placed a VIP order for a 2023 Ascent. Our dealer told us verbally we were getting VIP pricing but the order sheet they gave us shows MSRP. We gave them the VIP authorization. Is this normal?

· Registered
5,271 Posts
We recently placed a VIP order for a 2023 Ascent. Our dealer told us verbally we were getting VIP pricing but the order sheet they gave us shows MSRP. We gave them the VIP authorization. Is this normal?
Yes, but iny case for my 22 outback i got all agreements in writing via email including zero dealer fees, etc.

I suggest you confirm they will be accepting the vip pricing scheme via email.

· Super Moderator
6,279 Posts
Are you getting "Dealer VIP" or "Subaru VIP". The latter requires a donation to a participating charity program partner (or an employer benefit) and a certificate that authorizes the pricing to a participating dealer. Many dealers are not participating in the program at present, but that will hopefully resolve over time. If it's "Dealer VIP", MSRP may be a better price than their other customers, but has nothing to do with the Subaru VIP program.

With Subaru VIP, it's very important to confirm up-front with a dealer that they are actually participating in the program before you agree to buy/order a vehicle and watch out for other fees/add-ons they might foist to make up for hard profits they prefer to make right now in a sellers' market.

Reactions: packout

· Registered
15 Posts
Are you getting "Dealer VIP" or "Subaru VIP". The latter requires a donation to a participating charity program partner (or an employer benefit) and a certificate that authorizes the pricing to a participating dealer. Many dealers are not participating in the program at present, but that will hopefully resolve over time. If it's "Dealer VIP", MSRP may be a better price than their other customers, but has nothing to do with the Subaru VIP program.

With Subaru VIP, it's very important to confirm up-front with a dealer that they are actually participating in the program before you agree to buy/order a vehicle and watch out for other fees/add-ons they might foist to make up for hard profits they prefer to make right now in a sellers' market.
Apologies for not being specific. This is Subaru VIP via ASPCA Founders $500 donation. I asked if they would take it before making the donation, then sent them the authorization form after I received it from SOA. They verbally told me vip pricing but my order form says MSRP. I'm more concerned they are unfamiliar with how to do the process rather than trying to screw me.

· Registered
5,271 Posts
Apologies for not being specific. This is Subaru VIP via ASPCA Founders $500 donation. I asked if they would take it before making the donation, then sent them the authorization form after I received it from SOA. They verbally told me vip pricing but my order form says MSRP. I'm more concerned they are unfamiliar with how to do the process rather than trying to screw me.
since dealer participation in the program is voluntary, I would simply ask for email confirmation and it should not be a problem.

· Super Moderator
6,279 Posts
Yup...you have to ask them for clarification and get it in writing.

· Registered
9 Posts
I placed my VIP order today and got 2 documents. One was the printout showing the options I selected and the total MSRP. The second reflected the agreed upon VIP pricing as well as taxes, fees, etc.

161 - 180 of 224 Posts